Ns 3.1 Screenshots Thread!

CoolCookieCooksCoolCookieCooks Pretty GirlMembers, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation Join Date: 2003-05-18 Member: 16446Posts: 5,602
Wewt, just played a good few rounds of 3.1 on the surftown server, got a couple of screenies to show you non consties, and yes, I have permission to show these.

First picture. me winning as the commander on the first ns game of the PT! biggrin-fix.gif

user posted image

Second, the new Weld Me! feature, as well as the new waypoint direction system

user posted image

Thirdly, the showall healthbars when having the welder out

user posted image

And last but not least, the fixed heavy origins

user posted image

Comments

• DethGauntDethGaunt Members Join Date: 2003-06-02 Member: 16938Posts: 304
    edited August 2005
    woo my name on first two screenshots of 3.1 biggrin-fix.gif

was a gg that.. ill post some screenies later

Edit : Found me name on all 4 screenies.. wow :O
    omnom
  • urinalcakeurinalcake Can't work a sound card United StatesMembers Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7799Posts: 653 Fully active user
    Holy god.
    Now I have to resend my constie money, I just figured out today that $30 I sent didn't get sent! sad-fix.gif

*rushes to post office*
  • DroneFraggerDroneFragger Members Join Date: 2005-01-09 Member: 34101Posts: 47
    edited August 2005
    omg, all the people on that server are consties! what are the chances that that server only has consties on? tounge.gif
    QUOTE ("Drone_Fragger")
    if you have ever co_birdflight as aliens you will quickly realise how biased it is. If I ever meet Commdr. Birdman in real life or in ns, I will get a machette and cut his balls off.

This is a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
  • CoolCookieCooksCoolCookieCooks Pretty Girl Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation Join Date: 2003-05-18 Member: 16446Posts: 5,602
    Well there was several developers on in the first game, on combat. But then they all mysteriously disappeared when the map changed to tanith.
  • urinalcakeurinalcake Can't work a sound card United StatesMembers Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7799Posts: 653 Fully active user
    QUOTE (DroneFragger! @ Aug 5 2005, 03:02 PM)
    omg, all the people on that server are consties! what are the chances that that server only has consties on? tounge.gif

Especially when its a Constie only test.
  • lolfighterlolfighter Snark, Dire Members Join Date: 2003-04-20 Member: 15693Posts: 9,005 Advanced user
    My God, have heavies always been that huge? I mean sure, it's powered armour and all, but that's all. I mean, a human has still gotta fit inside! Do people get magically (or naniticalyy or whatever) stretched when they get heavy armour?
    I suppose it's the perspective or something. I never understood this fix anyway. What was wrong about the heavies before, and what does the fix do?
    Military cemeteries around the world are packed with brainwashed, dead soldiers who were convinced God was on their side.
    - George Carlin
  • tomestomes Members Join Date: 2003-04-15 Member: 15524Posts: 49
    arghhh i cant wait. I want to play 3.1!! plz release it now!!
    www.natural-selection.pl - polish ns community.
    #ns.pl & #bos.ns -> quakenet
    IPB Image
    NSplayer since November 2002.
  • DethGauntDethGaunt Members Join Date: 2003-06-02 Member: 16938Posts: 304
    nah im pretty sure theyve made them bigger this release..

they really tower above everything now in-game
    omnom
    QUOTE (DethGaunt @ Aug 5 2005, 03:16 PM)
    they really tower above everything now in-game

Except a light marine standing on a turret factory.
    As evident by the above picture.
  • morphzmorphz Members, Constellation Join Date: 2003-04-19 Member: 15640Posts: 271
    icon stack, lol!
    IPB ImageIPB Imagemorphz
  • MrBananaManMrBananaMan Members Join Date: 2005-02-26 Member: 42562Posts: 182
    show come cloaking!
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Posts: 4,381 Advanced user
    note the location names on the minimaps
    NS2
    Old/resigned Dutch Translation Lead. Give feedback about the translation, or help improve by clicking: Current NS2 Dutch translation project. Dutch players apply!
    NS2 Server Maintenance Manual
    WorkshopBackup Manual (WSB Server)
    Ingame: DCDarkling
    'DCDs Steam Workshop', for your NS2 X-Hairs and Viewmodel Weapon mods
    Viewmodels are the ones you hold in your hand, not the one shown in the world!

Old NS2 Stuff:
    Marine Commander Guide NS2
    Alien Commander Guide NS2
    NS2 Mentor Program
    Old NS1 stuff:
    'Infested Pack v0.6' for models & props
    Darklings Guide to Commanding Version 1.001
  • CrispyCrispy Jaded GD Members, Constellation Join Date: 2004-08-22 Member: 30793Posts: 3,225
    I think that's just his own personal sprites.
  • tjosantjosan Members, Constellation Join Date: 2003-05-16 Member: 16374Posts: 1,335
    QUOTE (MrBananaMan @ Aug 5 2005, 03:51 PM)
    show come cloaking!

^ what he said!
  • tankefugltankefugl One Script To Rule Them All... Trondheim, NorwayMembers, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Join Date: 2002-11-14 Member: 8641Posts: 2,368 Advanced user
    QUOTE (Crispy @ Aug 5 2005, 10:00 PM)

No, it's in 3.1.
    Time wounds all heels.
  • moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Posts: 4,219 Advanced user
    QUOTE (tankefugl @ Aug 5 2005, 04:02 PM)
    QUOTE (Crispy @ Aug 5 2005, 10:00 PM)

No, it's in 3.1.

Do the named minimaps get generated automatically using buildminimaps now?
  • tankefugltankefugl One Script To Rule Them All... Trondheim, NorwayMembers, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Join Date: 2002-11-14 Member: 8641Posts: 2,368 Advanced user
    No, they are created by hand.
    Time wounds all heels.
  • CoolCookieCooksCoolCookieCooks Pretty Girl Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation Join Date: 2003-05-18 Member: 16446Posts: 5,602
    how am I meant to show cloaking... theyre invisible
  • moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Posts: 4,219 Advanced user
    QUOTE (tankefugl @ Aug 5 2005, 04:08 PM)
    No, they are created by hand.

Would whoever makes them mind posting a tutorial on exactly how they do it so that custom maps can have the same visual feel in the named minimap as the officials?
    JazzX is the one who does it, I believe he has an automated Photoshop batch for it.
    Time wounds all heels.
  • BreakthroughBreakthrough Texture Artist (ns_prometheus) Members, Constellation Join Date: 2005-03-27 Member: 46620Posts: 893
    That was a good game, C3... Nice commanding. I came in 3rd - hurrah!
  • JacKnifeJacKnife Members Join Date: 2004-03-12 Member: 27302Posts: 102 Fully active user
    lol some of the people who get to test this game before others make me laugh
    QUOTE (tankefugl @ Aug 5 2005, 04:21 PM)
    JazzX is the one who does it, I believe he has an automated Photoshop batch for it.

Sweet. Does it actually parse the bsp for it? Or does he have to enter the names in by hand?
  • CrispyCrispy Jaded GD Members, Constellation Join Date: 2004-08-22 Member: 30793Posts: 3,225
    Really hate to...

...hate but those minimaps look kinda sucky. The text looks like I did it drunk and on 'shrooms having some sort of bad trip hallucinating about crappy fonts.

Is there any way to revamp it and give it the same sleek look as the HUD?
  • Nemesis_ZeroNemesis_Zero Old European Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Constellation Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 75Posts: 12,841
    QUOTE (lolfighter @ Aug 5 2005, 08:12 PM)
    What was wrong about the heavies before, and what does the fix do?

HAs were sunk in the floor by a few centimeters. The fix simply lifts them up.

It's the same font, so...
    The screenshot's compression doesn't really help there, I'm afraid.
    And if I haven't seen further, it's because those bloody giants have blocked my sight.
    QUOTE (Crispy @ Aug 5 2005, 04:37 PM)
    Really hate to...

...hate but those minimaps look kinda sucky. The text looks like I did it drunk and on 'shrooms having some sort of bad trip hallucinating about crappy fonts.

I wonder if it would be feasible to implement with game text popping up over the map. It hardly needs to be on the upper right minimap, because that location is already in the lower left hand corner. All you would need to do is display text like all the rest of the text at the locations corresponding to the centers of the info_location entities when somebody brings up the full screen minimap.
  • BreakthroughBreakthrough Texture Artist (ns_prometheus) Members, Constellation Join Date: 2005-03-27 Member: 46620Posts: 893
    I do agree that the text quality is poor, but what can you do... At least there's names on the MiniMaps, what more can someone ask for?
  • RhodriRhodri Members Join Date: 2003-06-21 Member: 17575Posts: 415
    Yeah having names is a very good idea, who cares what the writing looks like so long as it's readable.

And oh dear God those HA are huge!
    [Phx]Ghost (NS1 -=]TNR[=-Ghost)
  • Al_KaholicAl_Kaholic Members, Constellation Join Date: 2004-01-31 Member: 25821Posts: 374
    QUOTE (Breakthrough @ Aug 5 2005, 05:48 PM)
    I do agree that the text quality is poor, but what can you do... At least there's names on the MiniMaps, what more can someone ask for?

A way to toggle the names on or off, as we would ple--

Oh. Wait.
    user posted image
    "That's not a good prize!"
    QUOTE (NEX9)
    Cucrhh go suftf a bdlenuubss pcaekd wtih possatuim fgarnemts in your fcae and plul the tggierr
  • monk3ymonk3y Members Join Date: 2003-10-30 Member: 22139Posts: 233
    The heavies.. they.. they.. they're sooo HUGE!!

Oh for the weld me icon.. its only applies to anyone with a welder right?

][v][0n`k3h !! killed Genocide | AndErSon with pistol
    ][v][0n`k3h !! killed =Viral= with item_mine
    ][v][0n`k3h !! killed kill with item_mine
    ][v][0n`k3h !! killed Genocide | Misfire with item_mine
    ][v][0n`k3h !! killed Experiment#2 with item_mine
    ][v][0n`k3h !!: MONK EHD!