Weird Lagspikes

nGNosferatunGNosferatu Join Date: 2004-11-03 Member: 32611Members
Okay i don't know why but for some reason since the last serverside patch i'm getting lagspikes. My game freezes up for anywhere between 2 and 5 seconds. I haven't changed anything in my config or my computer that could have caused this. Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• nGNosferatunGNosferatu Join Date: 2004-11-03 Member: 32611Members
    wait i figured it out by myself. Ive been to a lan party last weekend and for some reason steam found it necessary to put my connection to lan...

Thnx anyways.
  • nGNosferatunGNosferatu Join Date: 2004-11-03 Member: 32611Members
    edited July 2005
    scrap that fix. didn't work. Any ideas? I've reinstalled ns, and i still get these weird lagspikes.

EDIT: New findings. For some reason whenever i start ns, steam sets the lan/t1 value back in my settings. Anyone know a fix to stop that from happening?
  • Lt_PatchLt_Patch Join Date: 2005-02-07 Member: 40286Members
    edited July 2005
    I assume you run your own server, seeing as you're downloading the SS updates.

If you're not, then do NOT download the SS updates, they are for dedicated servers only.
    Not too certain as to how the SS updates can affect the clientside version of NS...

Suggestions.
    1. Back up all custom content, uninstall NS, and the serverside updates, reboot the PC, then reinstall NS. Try it vanilla, just to rule out custom content affecting it. If it's fine, then bung in your custom shizzle...

*edited for spelling, and clarity*