Bug Report

Green_MeatGreen_Meat Join Date: 2002-11-06 Member: 7331Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Options Menu + Score board = BAAAAAAD</div> I was playing as Kharaa. I brought up the options menu to evolve. Someone then asked if we had any Gorges, so I hit tab to check to see if any were showing, but I did not disengage the options menu first. When I let go of the tab key, I came back to the options menu, but I had lost my pointer and my mouse was controling the view. I let go of the options menu button to clear the menu and the system crashed hard. Complete lock-up. Was still able to get to Task Manager a do a shutdown, but HL.exe was hung and had taken the sound system with it. (Win2KPro, P4-1.2, Gforce4, 384MB Ram, 7 gigs free HD space)

Of course this is a classic case of "Doctor, it hurt when I do THIS" <punches self in face>. I know the answer is "Don't do that", and I won't. Just figured you guys would like to know.

BTW - I have not repeated this test so it may only be my system or a one time memory issue. I will try to duplicate the error on several systems and post back with results.

As always, thanks you VERY much for the outstanding work. Every time I play I have even more fun. I'm in serious jepardy of calling in sick, just to sit and play for a day (Something that hasn't happen since the first week Half-LIfe was released.)

Rock-On guys,
GSH