Anti-virus Problems

Quantum_MooseQuantum_Moose Join Date: 2005-03-05 Member: 43643Members
<div class="IPBDescription">This Is a Pretty Wierd One...</div> I've gotten many anti spyware and anti virus programs on my computer just for an extra sense of security.

Anyway I start up PestPatrol 5, run that and it finds 2 little bugs as usual, there not major but a problem anyway... After that I run Spy Emergency, that starts scanning, and as it's scanning, my Norton randomly finds 2 major viruses which it automatically deletes. The first was simply called "Hacktool" and the second being "dap".

Does this have to do anything with me scanning with another program?

Comments

• AlcapwnAlcapwn &quot;War is the science of destruction&quot; - John Abbot Join Date: 2003-06-21 Member: 17590Members
    It could, programs sometimes contain the viruses within there own folders, and sometimes other anti spyware/virus stuff picks up on whats in the other programs folders (even though its not harmfull since its contained, and was prob already deleted)
  • RobertoRoberto Join Date: 2003-03-16 Member: 14591Members, Constellation
    or if you download certain hacking utilities, antivirus software automatically deletes it
  • Quantum_MooseQuantum_Moose Join Date: 2005-03-05 Member: 43643Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Roberto+Jul 1 2005, 01:11 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Roberto @ Jul 1 2005, 01:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> or if you download certain hacking utilities, antivirus software automatically deletes it <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Deffinatly wasnt the case...

And thanks for clearing that up Waterboy.
  • CForresterCForrester P0rk(h0p Join Date: 2002-10-05 Member: 1439Members, Constellation
    Ugh, Norton. Drop any antivirus you already have and go pick up NOD32 or Kaspersky. You only need one, and Norton is a terrible one to pick.