Suicide

13»

Comments

• SinSpawnSinSpawn Harbinger of Suffering Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8359Members
    If so, I geuss I have chosen to be depressed all my life, I discarded my emotions for hate and anger. lol maybe some day you'll here me on the news, crazy person attempts suicide by eating mass amounts of cheese.

God I hate you....(not God)
  • 2ply2ply Join Date: 2004-03-26 Member: 27535Members
    It's a weird subject imo. I've had two firneds of mine commit suicide. They seemed like the happiest people ever. One actually went to church every Sunday, always listened to his mom, never in trouble at school and whatnot. Next thing I know, one of my teachers is telling the class he killed himself. I was in shock. He didn't leave a note or anything, all I can do is speculate why he did it.

Trevelyan, you stole the thoughts right out of my mind.

We're animals. We have animal instincts. Everyone I've told that to just thinks I'm a nutball. Society is just getting worse and worse, we're all driven by money. Money money flipping money. Yeah sure, you could not work and enjoy life, living on the street. But how many of us really want that? Not very many. ****, I'd go live in the woods and live off hunting. Living like an animal. But hell no, that's illegal, I need a PERMIT TO HUNT FOR FOOD.

Wow, where that rant came from, I don't know, but <i>not</i> sidetracking the conversation, some people just feel helpless, like they have no control over their own life. They feel that they're just riders on a big rollarcoaster that we call life, and they don't want to be part of this ride, so they unbuckle the restrainments and go.

I understand the logic to it, I've thought about it a few times before, but I never have, it's not that I'm some sort of coward, it's knowing that I'd be leaving behind family and friends and hurting them. Suicide is a selfish thing to do, if you ask me. Then again, you never realize how much people do care until it's too late.

And so concludes the rambling of a madman...
  • Cold_NiTeCold_NiTe Join Date: 2003-09-15 Member: 20875Members
    Self Preservation is an animal instinct. To go against that requires a lot of distortion of the human mind. And yet it happens to so many people. It's more common for people to have suicidal thoughts than we know. Acting like it's abnormal is pointless bravado. But living for simple things helps a lot of people.
  • ChronoChrono Local flyboy Join Date: 2003-08-05 Member: 18989Members
    i just realized something the human race is the only species that actualy kills itself
  • CrotalusCrotalus Join Date: 2003-12-02 Member: 23871Members
    edited July 2005
    I find myself kinda in the same situation as Trevelyan. My dad tells me that games are a way for me to escape social situations that I am "afraid" of. unfortunately, he is assuming that enjoy I "would" being overtly social.

I see life as nothing much more than simple clockwork. We are animals as I see it, "personalities" are just different ways to interpret information from the five senses, and thoughts and feelings are just chemicals tailored so we as animals can survive.

Take love. It shouldn't be to hard to figure what it's for. Without it we wouldn't reproduce like crazy. Also, humans don't generally stay "sane" unless they have companionship. Then there's loneliness, you don't want to be lonely, so you will most likely seek companionship. This means that nature intended us to be social animals, and she didn't forget to put in a few "fail-safes" to make sure we stay that way.

Suicide however, is something else. Since suicide seems to be linked with mentally unstable people, it might be some type "don't pass on your defective genes" emotion that makes sure you don't reproduce. I highly doubt that idea though, seems too complicated. I think it is just the result of a malfunctioning "personality/chemical balance" that isn't interpreting situations correctly.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not a friggin' robot. I don't see religion as an adequate explanantion, the one i've come to form is more fitting for me.
  • TOmekkiTOmekki Join Date: 2003-11-25 Member: 23524Members
    do you know what causes (especially young) people to behave suicidally? when theyre getting these reports and researches and therapists from every direction telling them how ****ed up they are in every possible way
  • lolfighterlolfighter Snark, Dire Join Date: 2003-04-20 Member: 15693Members
    You think that'll work? I have a few people I'd like to get rid off. Anybody know how to fake medical journals convincingly?
  • TrevelyanTrevelyan Join Date: 2003-03-23 Member: 14834Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-TOmekki+Jul 1 2005, 04:46 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (TOmekki @ Jul 1 2005, 04:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> do you know what causes (especially young) people to behave suicidally? when theyre getting these reports and researches and therapists from every direction telling them how ****ed up they are in every possible way <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    why is it that when people go to the legnths to kill themselves to leave this existance, <b>THEY</b> are the ones F*#@ed up... and not <i>society</i>?
  • lolfighterlolfighter Snark, Dire Join Date: 2003-04-20 Member: 15693Members
    Because they expect too much. Which you can blame on society too, if you want:<!--QuoteBegin-Fight Club+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Fight Club)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes. Working jobs we hate so we can buy **** we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no great war. No great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives.
    We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very **** off.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    So what are you gonna do about it? End your life? Splatter your brains all over your room as a final "**** you" to the powers that be? Hell yeah, THAT'S gonna teach 'em!
    Or are you gonna take initiative against this world that you are unhappy with? Probably not. But what do you have to lose by staying alive? Ending your life solves nothing.
    Again:<!--QuoteBegin-Fight Club+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Fight Club)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->When the fight was over, nothing was solved. But nothing mattered.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    If that's what you want, knock yourself out. But when you have nothing to lose, you have everything to gain. Maybe you don't have the strength to take an initiative and go about changing what you don't like. But there are enough worthwhile causes to fight for, and enough people who will take your help with open arms.

Suicide is waste.