Eclipse, Amteur Source Game

moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva.Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Posts: 4,219 Advanced user
coming out isometime in late june
http://www.eclipsegame.com/

Check it out. Looks pretty cool.

Comments

• MerkabaMerkaba Digital Harmony Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 22Posts: 2,571
    Yeah it does look good, it's nice to start seeing what else the source engine can look like.

However, I have strong objections to the music used in the video. It just makes it sound as though its a lot better than it actually looks, considering all you see is her running around throwing things about. Not everything needs to have dramatic music to make it look good.

Think Lord of the Rings battle music accompanying footage of a game where a little girl goes about plucking flowers out of turfs. That's what that tralier feels like to me...two conflicting things there :/
    "I am the woodsie lord, the Trickster of legend. If you be thirsty, flesh thing, drink of me. If you be hungry, then feed, for I am the honey-maker and the jacksberry." ~ The Trickster, Thief: The Dark Project (1998)
  • moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Posts: 4,219 Advanced user
    I'm at work, so I haven't watched the video yet. The mapping looks really good considering their timeframe for development I thought.
  • SupernornSupernorn Best. Picture. Ever. Made. Ever. Members, Constellation Join Date: 2002-11-07 Member: 7608Posts: 4,405
    Looks a bit boring. All she is doing is throwing stuff at people.
  • R_A_CR_A_C Members Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16273Posts: 631
    Looks like it might get repetitive after a while, but looks good.
    R A C
  • Cereal_KillRCereal_KillR Members Join Date: 2002-10-31 Member: 1837Posts: 4,943 Advanced user
    Well it's a great looking amateur source game. I hope it also plays great too.
    -signed-
  • 2_of_Eight2_of_Eight Members Join Date: 2003-08-20 Member: 20016Posts: 2,511
    Screenshots look very nice... but then again, everything on Source does smile-fix.gif
    Good luck to them, hopefully it'll be fun.
  • TheSaviorTheSavior Members Join Date: 2003-10-14 Member: 21688Posts: 277
    All I saw was scantily clad boobies.
    user posted image
  • QuaunautQuaunaut The longest seven days in history... Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow Join Date: 2003-03-21 Member: 14759Posts: 7,216 Advanced user
    Wow, I'm impressed, very good looking. Heres to hoping its as good as it looks.
    __________Artist: asuka111 | The Flood | www.quaunaut.com
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Posts: 2,689 admin
    Pretty cool looking but that girl walks like a chicken. tounge.gif
    [ Rek | Reklys | remedy | remi.D | blu.knight | Psyke | Sky ]
    I have way too many names.
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Posts: 3,912 admin
    I enjoyed the Sourcey fantasy vibe, and would like to see more Tolkienesqe fantasy games on Source.
  • LikuLiku I, am the Somberlain. Members Join Date: 2003-01-10 Member: 12128Posts: 10,075
    I agree with Psyke, but I think all the animations look like they need work.
    QUOTE (Thansal @ Oct 14 2007, 12:14 PM) »
    I am with Them and Liku (who is fun to pwn with a baseball bat).
  • UltimaGeckoUltimaGecko hates endnotes Members Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16320Posts: 2,467
    Oh joy, tactical, puzzle combat with a scantily clad (at least in the upper-torso area) women in a fantasy realm, just like I've always wanted to play...

...oh, wait...WTH is "...tactical, puzzle based combat."? It looks boring as hell. Maybe it could be fun to explore or something (doubtful, as it all looks like forests with mushrooms and little puddles to accentuate the 'Source'-ness of it), but the gameplay, along with the poor animations, doesn't look to be much developed.
    That's right, my sig image's color is formatted to the old forum color scheme, wanna fight about it?

"Rarely is the question asked 'is our children learning?'" - George W. Bush
    "My job is a decision making job, as a result I make a lot of decisions." - George W. Bush
  • SurgeSurge asda4a3sklflkgh Members Join Date: 2002-07-14 Member: 944Posts: 1,962
    QUOTE (Cereal KillR @ Jun 16 2005, 06:50 PM)
    Well it's a great looking amateur source game

We called them "Total Conversions" back in the day.
  • GeminosityGeminosity :3 Members Join Date: 2003-09-08 Member: 20667Posts: 5,835 Advanced user
    soooo... am I right in thinking this is a fantasy version of "play with the gravgun"? :p
  • locallyunscenelocallyunscene Feeder of Trolls Members, Constellation Join Date: 2002-12-25 Member: 11528Posts: 4,022 Fully active user
    I thought it looked cool, smacking ugly things around with big rocks appeals to me. And she totally casts "magic missle" at teh end there.
    QUOTE (Flayra @ Mar 28 2007, 09:21 PM) »
    It's not an easy balance to achieve, but we do want to make a game that will be both the best competitive game since Starcraft and also one that many people can enjoy casually without being in a clan or an experienced or knowledgeable NS player. That's the goal at least!

- NS in game name - tilde - My Steam Id Page - .
  • RatonetwothreetwooneRatonetwothreetwoone Members Join Date: 2004-03-23 Member: 27504Posts: 1,831
    i think it looks good... the bobbing while running isnt too interesting but... well i hate to say it but, lets see you make better animations... it looks very well developed and valve likes it.. they had it in their steam update news deal a couple weeks ago..

actually.. it kind of reminds me of ico.. and i was able to sit through that whole game so i should be able to make it through this one..
    user posted image
  • Fatal_ErrorFatal_Error Members Join Date: 2005-01-15 Member: 35840Posts: 665
    O RLY? MOR LIEK NS_ECLIPSE LOOL M I RITE>

Eh... well, the game looks kind of good...I guess.
    Flyin' high in the friendly sky.
  • wnnwnn Zombie Panic modeller Members Join Date: 2003-06-03 Member: 16960Posts: 788
    Clever. Quite obnoxious, but clever.

-- Nem
  • RuByRuBy Members Join Date: 2002-12-12 Member: 10732Posts: 1,019
    Mirror

(Click on "Télécharger le fichier")
    Rubber*ducky or Rubert in NS, Kaelwe in WoW, and too many other sobriquets...
    [ Blog · Art · Music ]
  • esunaesuna Rock Bottom Members, Constellation Join Date: 2003-04-03 Member: 15175Posts: 5,576 Fully active user
    edited June 2005
    QUOTE (Surge @ Jun 17 2005, 01:29 AM)
    QUOTE (Cereal KillR @ Jun 16 2005, 06:50 PM)
    Well it's a great looking amateur source game

We called them "Total Conversions" back in the day.

Or just simply TC's and PC's.

EDIT: Thanks for the mirror, RuBy, the original site was going at 70kB/s and dropping by the second, now i have a good steady 124kB/s
  • Cold_NiTeCold_NiTe Members Join Date: 2003-09-15 Member: 20875Posts: 6,072
    edited June 2005
    It looks pretty, but I fail to see how the concept will work. You know, unless they can pull off the kind of Storytelling that Soul Reaver managed, which was enough to make you forget about the rather simple minded combat system, then I don't think I'll find this game extremely intriguing.

How successfuly they managed to be with this TC is largely dependent on how good their plot is and how innovative their game is. Maybe they can get some good voice talent too, from their student body. I hate to admit it, since I go to TCU (SMU's Rival School), but SMU is an excellent school and should have the kids that can pull off an excellent mod. I should see if my brother's friend is in on this game, since he attends there and is a CS major.
  • RatonetwothreetwooneRatonetwothreetwoone Members Join Date: 2004-03-23 Member: 27504Posts: 1,831
    meh.. maybe its just me but the fps wont go over 20... its usually around 12-16... and then when i lower settings 1) the fps doesnt go up and 2) i cant see what the hell is going on, what anything is and IF anything is...

and the "concentrating" thing and the change in blur when you do it rapes my mind... gives me a headache...

it would probably be good otherwise..
    user posted image
  • GreeGree Members Join Date: 2003-05-18 Member: 16454Posts: 182
    I downloaded it in 30 minutes and completed the game is less than that. I think that should tell you enough about the game.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -From Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson

My car gets 1,729.3686 furlongs per firkin of gasoline