Does The Comander Count As A Player?

RotA_PlagueRotA_Plague Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 6768Members
Frankly I don't see why he wouldn't count but when it was 4 to 6 on the server I was on(I was aliens and we had 4 while marines had 6). The marines kept saying their commander didn't count as a player so it was perfectly fair. I don't see why a guy that can spam HP packs and keep his marines alive even when fighting the toughest of foes, drop structures, guide men, give ammo in the field, watch their backs(not always effective), do sweeps for hives make sure they get weapons and armor, and much more. That sounds like a man counting for one man or more but just counting him as a player is good enough for me! Of course he isn't there in the field shooting the aliens(even though his turrets do that), he is supporting, it is just like a medic in other games. Even though you don't litterally do the damage, you make sure your marines do theirs and then some.

Please post yes or no and why you agree or disagree.

Comments

• MerciorMercior Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4019Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'd say he does count as a player
  • UnknownUnknown Join Date: 1970-01-01 Member:
    he definately counts, i've also been in servers minus 2 guys b/c of the moronic marines, i mean i've been commander and supplied nonstop health packs and it's basicly impossible to kill these marines, the health packs would be more considerable if the hp rose slower instead of instant
  • KaliasKalias Superskulk Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2560Members
    The commander definately counts, gorges are the alien equivalent, they don't say they don't count do they? The game has been balanced to count the commander as a player.