Still Seeing Breen

Vahn_PaktuVahn_Paktu Join Date: 2002-10-28 Member: 1666Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">A machinima music video</div> This is very cool. <a href='http://www.machinima.org/paul_blog/' target='_blank'>Still Seeing Breen</a> is a music video using HL2.

<!--QuoteBegin-From the Site+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (From the Site)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Some background on the video: After I completed Half-Life 2, I thought it was one of the more exceptional games I had played. Around each corner, there was yet another experience that would forever be burned into my gray matter. Afterwards, I found myself playing through some of the more exciting levels again and thought to put together a music video around it. I had been itching to put FacePoser to work, and it became obvious that a music video would be a good place to give it a try. I tested putting HL2 visuals to a song by Breaking Benjamin called "So Cold", which had been in my head for a few weeks. The holidays arrived and it put the project on hold for a bit. Afterwards, I stumbled upon Hooked on Booze's vid of a similar nature, which gave me additional inspiration to complete my project (thanks, Shawn!).<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Comments

• OmegamanOmegaman Join Date: 2004-01-11 Member: 25239Members
    edited March 2005
    Three cheers for Machinima!

Edit: Download finished...

WHOAMG G-MAN SINGING!
  • GwahirGwahir Join Date: 2002-04-24 Member: 513Members, Constellation
    not perfect, but impressive.
  • TestamentTestament Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4037Members
    edited March 2005
    Shows off the power of the face poser, but boring otherwise.
  • MedHeadMedHead Join Date: 2002-12-19 Member: 11115Members, Constellation
    I saw this a while ago (I can't remember where), and I wasn't overly impressed. The lip syncing was pretty good, but the rest of the face lacked emotion. It was hard to see the G-Man screaming lyrics out with a conversational-level straight face. It ended up rather unconvincing, but perhaps the director wanted G-Man to look numb.
  • OmegamanOmegaman Join Date: 2004-01-11 Member: 25239Members
    edited March 2005
    The video editing was nice...

I really should go back and play the game again. Now I got "Head for the horse!!" stuck in my head.
  • TestamentTestament Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4037Members
    Average editing. If I remember correctly, it had an overuse of filters, and no real proper timing. Perhaps competent video editors doing anime music videos have spoiled me.
  • Cold_NiTeCold_NiTe Join Date: 2003-09-15 Member: 20875Members
    edited March 2005
    <!--QuoteBegin-Testament+Mar 31 2005, 12:10 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Testament @ Mar 31 2005, 12:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Average editing. If I remember correctly, it had an overuse of filters, and no real proper timing. Perhaps competent video editors doing anime music videos have spoiled me. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yeah but sites that host those tend to put the best ones on top so they get the most exposure. Believe me, there is always bad with the good. People just tend to filter it out.

================
    *EDIT*
    Upon seeing the video again I thought I should note that I think it is relatively well done.

However the maker should <i>so</i> have abused Gary's Mod for this.