New Starwars Trailer

tanathostanathos Members Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4949Posts: 225
edited March 2005 in Off-Topic
HD link (Bittorent + Direct download)
I am surprised this hasn't been posted before.

After watching this, I have faith that Lucas may have redeemed himself. The actors also seems less wooden then the previous two episodes.

Watch and enjoy : http://www.filerush.com/download.php?target=that_video.avi
The link above supply you with either a Bittorent connection or a Direct Download connection.

You will need DivX to watch it.

Palpatine : Are you threatening me, Master Jedi? *Lightsaber ignite*

-edited grammar-
"My mother said they are no monsters, no real ones. But they are." - Newt
"Game over man ! It's game over ! " - Hudson, KIA on LV-426
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Marik_SteeleMarik_Steele To rule in hell... Members Join Date: 2002-11-20 Member: 9466Posts: 4,200 mod
    edited March 2005
    Just finished it on BitTorrent and watched it.
    It's a...well..."necessary" episode in the series. I'll watch it, just not on the first day it's out. Nor likely in the first week or two. I'll probably enjoy it for what it's worth, but only because I'll be going in with such low expectations thanks to episodes 1 and 2.

That's a sad thing to say about the series. But on the bright side, episode 3 still has a chance at being the best of the prequels.

[edit]I'm just glad we're starting to get respectable Star Wars games these days. Kotor 1 was good, and I hear good things about Kotor 2 and Republic Commando. If they could come up with a prequel-based flight sim more along the lines of TIE Fighter instead of Rogue Squadron, it'd make me a very joyful gamer.
    former NS community lead (back in the days of NS1, in between Nemesis Zero and Comprox)
  • tanathostanathos Members Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4949Posts: 225
    edited March 2005
    I've heard very, very, very promising stuff about the script for this one. I'm one of those guy that prefer the episodes 4-6 and didn't bother seeing ep 1 and 2 more than once, but this one... this one looks to be very very good.

SPOILERS BELOW DON'T READ IF YOU WANT TO WATCH THE MOVIE WITHOUT KNOWING THE END

I warned you.
    Edit by Marik to use the actual spoiler tags explained by TAK over here: http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index....showtopic=79162 . Highlight the below area if you wish to see the text.

Ok, well seeing as as this one is basically that the good guys lose in the end, that it's going to be filled with action (starting with a massive space battle sparring the separatist and the republic), it's going to be better than ep1 and 2 for sure. Let's see, we have Anakin VS Dooku, Obi-Wan VS General Grievious, Chewbacca action!, Mace Windu VS Palpatine, Anakin VS the entire Jedi School, Yoda VS Palpatine in the senate chamber! and Anakin VS Obi-Wan. That's going to be some kick-**** action, which is what I'm looking forward too. We've seen with episode 2 that Lucas isn't really good with stuff regarding love (*GIGGLES IN A FLOWER BED*). Let's not forget Padme's death sad-fix.gif. Oh, and supposedly it ENDS with a view of the Death Star in Construction. So that's pretty grim right there.

Not to say that an "evil" movie is going to be better than the "good guys win", but maybe it's just what it took to make the old geezer realise something good. Oh, and Steven Spielberg also played some part in directing the fights, the actors also had a speech coach, which none of the previous movies had. This might help a lot.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Members Join Date: 2003-02-24 Member: 13942Posts: 177
    This trailer has restored my hope in Lucas.
    Local movie critic.
  • M_a_vM_a_v Members Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33224Posts: 13
    "Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?"

best, line, ever
  • SnidelySnidely Members Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13098Posts: 3,893
    Wait - how do you take a picture in WMP?

I love the shot of Yoda about to get struck by lightning. Heh, heh, heh.

The trouble is that all of the prequals' trailers have been great. I can't really trust this one, although I might go along anyway.
    user posted image
    user posted image user posted image uuuuussssssssser posssssted iiimage

USER POSTED IMAGE
  • LikuLiku I, am the Somberlain. Members Join Date: 2003-01-10 Member: 12128Posts: 10,075
    QUOTE (Snidely @ Mar 11 2005, 02:10 AM)
    Wait - how do you take a picture in WMP?

Use QuickTime, pause then go to "Edit/Copy." I'm downloading it now.
    QUOTE (Thansal @ Oct 14 2007, 12:14 PM) »
    I am with Them and Liku (who is fun to pwn with a baseball bat).
  • SkulkBaitSkulkBait Members Join Date: 2003-02-11 Member: 13423Posts: 2,543
    QUOTE (Ambassador @ Mar 11 2005, 03:49 AM)

You sir, are a fool. Honestly, how can you trust this guy after what he's done?
    1.04ever
  • ShockehShockeh If a packet drops on the web and nobody's near to see it... NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation Join Date: 2002-11-19 Member: 9336Posts: 3,730 mod
    QUOTE (SkulkBait @ Mar 11 2005, 10:24 AM)
    QUOTE (Ambassador @ Mar 11 2005, 03:49 AM)

You sir, are a fool. Honestly, how can you trust this guy after what he's done?

I don't think I'm capable of trusting Lucas. Midichlorians.
    edited March 2005
    It won't work on QT at all for me...otherwise, I wouldn't have used WMP to watch it. ;P

I love the Emperor's voice at the beginning.

"Dark side of tha force is a pathway to meennnny abilities some. Consider to be. Un. Natural."
    "Is it possible to...learn this power?"
    "Not. From a jedi."

(:
    user posted image

USER POSTED IMAGE
  • SkulkBaitSkulkBait Members Join Date: 2003-02-11 Member: 13423Posts: 2,543
    QUOTE (Snidely @ Mar 11 2005, 04:52 AM)
    "Dark side of tha force is a pathway to meennnnnnny abilities some. Consider to be. Unnatural."

Buh? Are you trying to say that lifting rocks with your mind isn't unnatural enough?
    1.04ever
    I'm not commenting on what he says, just how he says it.
    user posted image

USER POSTED IMAGE
  • RaVeRaVe Members Join Date: 2003-06-20 Member: 17538Posts: 3,515
    edited March 2005
    Well, shooting lightning out of your fingers is more supernatural than that.

Still downloading. I'll leave my comments in this space as soon as I finish watching it.

EDIT : Well, finished downloading and watched. Not too bad, and it may have a chance of redeeming Lucas.

Failing that, General Grievous > All

QUOTE (BobTheJanitor)
    The armory isn't broken, it's the players that are broken. And if you have a problem with humanity, you'll have to direct your ideas and suggestions to your deity of choice.
  • ShockehShockeh If a packet drops on the web and nobody's near to see it... NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation Join Date: 2002-11-19 Member: 9336Posts: 3,730 mod
    This trailer fires up that little flicker of hope I still have. Please don't crush it, Mr Lucas. wink-fix.gif

- Shockwave
  • kidakida Members Join Date: 2003-02-20 Member: 13778Posts: 1,458 Advanced user
    It's crushed (me talking after the day it comes out).
  • IsamilIsamil Members, Constellation Join Date: 2003-11-25 Member: 23552Posts: 764
    I just use winamp to watch all videos.
  • Mr_JeburtOMr_JeburtO Members Join Date: 2003-08-29 Member: 20340Posts: 1,694
    anyone got a mirror of this it sez no such file on the website for me =[
  • CplDavisCplDavis I hunt the arctic Snonos Members Join Date: 2003-01-09 Member: 12097Posts: 4,153
    yay! *Does happy dance!

>_> <_< >_>

Please dont suck...
    If the people be of sound mind, laws are unneccesary.
    If the people be not of sound mind, laws are useless. --Plato
  • Mr_JeburtOMr_JeburtO Members Join Date: 2003-08-29 Member: 20340Posts: 1,694
    anyone know who these guys are?
    sw.JPG 53.5K
  • ShockehShockeh If a packet drops on the web and nobody&#39;s near to see it... NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation Join Date: 2002-11-19 Member: 9336Posts: 3,730 mod
    Grievous & friends, I assume.

Maybe Major Mayhem, or Private Punishment, or Sargeant Slaughter too....

God I hate Lieutenant Lucas.

- Shockwave
  • kidakida Members Join Date: 2003-02-20 Member: 13778Posts: 1,458 Advanced user
    this film would be so trippy when high.
  • NumbersNotFoundNumbersNotFound Members Join Date: 2002-11-07 Member: 7556Posts: 1,937
    Hmmm... i hate to say it, but this looks much better than the first two episodes.

Wide open battles, not as much boring dialogue...

I'll see it in theaters.
    QUOTE (Geminosity @ Aug 1 2005, 07:31 PM)
    depot that joke was so bad I lost 30hp :p
  • SpacerSpacer Invented dogs Members Join Date: 2003-05-02 Member: 16008Posts: 1,527
    Yeah, this actually looks like a decent new Star Wars movie :O.
  • GrayDuckGrayDuck Members, Constellation Join Date: 2003-05-08 Member: 16134Posts: 274
    QUOTE (Mr JeburtO @ Mar 11 2005, 06:43 AM)
    anyone got a mirror of this it sez no such file on the website for me =[

I'm in the same boat sad-fix.gif
    user posted image
  • CplDavisCplDavis I hunt the arctic Snonos Members Join Date: 2003-01-09 Member: 12097Posts: 4,153
    edited March 2005
    grrr silly internet
    QUOTE (Mr JeburtO @ Mar 11 2005, 11:51 AM)

They look like General Grievious' IG-100 Series Managuard droid personal bodyguards armed with their guard electrostaffs. biggrin-fix.gif

TY rebublic commando.
  • tanathostanathos Members Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4949Posts: 225
    QUOTE (CplDavis @ Mar 11 2005, 02:36 PM)
    QUOTE (Mr JeburtO @ Mar 11 2005, 11:51 AM)

They look like General Grievious' IG-100 Series Managuard droid personal bodyguards armed with their guard electrostaffs. biggrin-fix.gif

TY rebublic commando.

That's exactly who they are.

Also, for those that don't know who general grievous is, simply watch the last episode of the animated serie "Clone Wars".
  • Invader_ScootInvader_Scoot Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow Join Date: 2003-10-13 Member: 21669Posts: 1,589 Fully active user
    I love getting 13 KiB/s on the download!
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* CanadaMembers, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Posts: 6,616 admin
    QUOTE (Invader Scoot @ Mar 11 2005, 10:22 PM)
    I love getting 13 KiB/s on the download!

Sucks to be you.

I == win

(and this does look ownage!)
    NAPT
  • DOOManiacDOOManiac Worst. Critic. Ever. Members, NS1 Playtester Join Date: 2002-04-17 Member: 462Posts: 8,596
    Hm...

That trailer is good. Guranteed to be way better than the movie will be. :o

1) How many years after Episode 2 does this take place? Obi-Wan is on the Jedi Council and Anakin seems to be a full fledged Jedi Knight
    2) Chewbacca in the movie = dumb. Yes I know it was revealed months ago, its still dumb.
    3) Why is Mission from KOTOR in the movie? :P
    Russell 'DOOManiac' Weed

[email protected]

• OmegamanOmegaman Members Join Date: 2004-01-11 Member: 25239Posts: 1,829
    In the upcoming Clone Wars Volume II, they show Anakin getting knighted...