Some Text I Stumbled Upon...

nGNosferatunGNosferatu Join Date: 2004-11-03 Member: 32611Members
<div class="IPBDescription">cl_rate, rate, updaterate and cmdrate</div> Hey guys, when searching google i stumbled upon this text wich explains the purpose of rate, cl_rate, cl_updaterate and cl_cmdrate, and how they work together, pretty well. I Was wondering how useable this is, and if it is relevant for ns.

<a href='http://www.summerblue.net/games/cs_report/2_4_communication_config.html' target='_blank'>Linkage...</a>

Comments

• XenoXeno Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2343Members
    rate is EXTREMELY useful. try and put your rate to 1000. you'll see a big difference in your ping.
  • Malibu_StaceyMalibu_Stacey Join Date: 2003-04-06 Member: 15243Members
    3 year old info ftw.
    Do you realise that article was written pre-Steam Half-Life? The stuff it says about rate being 20k max still holds but everything else is outdated.
    Geekboys had a much better article about the Half-Life netcode which was written on the cusp of transition to Steam Half-Life & takes that in to account however last I checked their site was down/being remade.

BTW when I say pre-Steam I mean before the CS 1.6 code changes were applied to Half-Life. There was a quite a lot of changes from CS 1.5 to 1.6 which weren't applied to Half-Life until Steam became compulsory to play.