Source Mods

CrispyCrispy Jaded GDMembers, Constellation Join Date: 2004-08-22 Member: 30793Posts: 3,225
edited May 2005 in Off-Topic
What are you looking forward to?
So the Source engine's right out there begging to be Modded, hell even I'm making one (see below).

Which Mods have you heard on the grapevine that you're quietly crossing your fingers for, on the other hand which are a waste of our attention. Post all the Mods that you give the thumbs up. I'll add requests to this threadstarter with links so that we don't need to search out those gems or stumble across Coming Soon... after Coming Soon... seeking out the next big thing in HL2 Mods. I will not be linking Mod Forums in this page unless the Mod really deserves recognition.

[Last Update: 25th May] I've tried to put the awesome Mods towards the top for your viewing pleasure.

Eternal Silence This looks badass...

Project: Hull Breach Definitely worth a look...

Citizen 132 Sadly has shut down. My fingers are crossed for a revival, this game had great promise.

Fotress Forever Non-Valve TFC:S

Valandil Medieval RTS

Dystopia Cyberpunk multiplayer plus many, many extras!

Return to Mana Remember Secret of Mana? Yep

Forsaken "post-viral urban warfare mod for Half-life 2" with DM and "objective-based" game modes

Insurgency Modern Day DoD with vehicles!

The Opera Another Mod making a comeback...

Dulce et Decorum "Time is no longer relevant and as humanity fights amongst itself, the only thing that matters is complete and final victory"

First Moon MP action set in cyberpunk universe

City 13 Combine vs Resistance MP

SourceBall "everything the 'Speedball' and 'Rollerball' fan dreamed of playing"

Sven Coop It's back with a vengeance!

Mist Mod Pirates on the starboard bow, starboard bow, starboard bow!

Mech Mod Mecha-inspired DM

Cause and Effect SP-only set in a quarantined city

No More Room in Hell "Prepare yourself for the zombie apocalypse" says PC Gamer

Babylon City MP total conversion Mod

Kingdom Lost "Medieval and eastern fusion in an alternate universe with swords and sorcery"

Terminus Discord "a revolutionary new Half-Life 2 mod that features innovative melee combat and a vibrant
backstory"

Caliber A not-so-run-of-the-mill Vampire Mod, brought to you by NSArmslabs

Espionage Guns vs stealth MP

Neoshock 3 team FPS RTS set in "a fictional era of struggle set around 60 years in the future"

Era of Legends "A Persistant Role-Playing Game, in which you create a character and explore the gameworld either offline or online"

Chitan "inspired by Hong Kong gangster cinema, primarily John Woo's work"

Insect Infestation 3 Team "Insects" FPS RTS

Operation: Desert Storm "a First Gulf War-based total conversion for the Half Life 2 engine"

Empires NS-style FPS RTS with Aircraft and Vehicles

Bushido Melee and honour based combat "set in the Feudal era of Japanese history"

Black Mesa Source HL:S I guess

Pirates, Knights and Vikings II Objective-based three team MP.

Nuclear Dreams FP RPG "set in a Post Apocalyptic future where mutations, high technology, and anything else can happen"

Hold Out "the ultimate survival mod for Half-Life 2. Period."

Boone's End "a Survival Horror modification for Half-Life 2 that will bring you the most horrifying experience ever seen in any game yet."

Jurassic Rage Human vs Human team multiplayer with objectives and AI-controlled Dinosaurs!!?

Source Mods available for download:

Garry's Mod "I made this Mod to mess around with the physics. This is what my mod is for."

SourceForts Build your fort during the ceasefire, then battle it out in a TDM to capture the other team's flag
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CrispyCrispy Jaded GD Members, Constellation Join Date: 2004-08-22 Member: 30793Posts: 3,225
    edited March 2005
    [Plug=shameless]My brainchild, Citadel Utopia, is nearing the end of the pre-production phase of development. My website designer isn't as great as I was led to believe, and someone I was contracting for the site is now too busy to take on the webdesign. If anyone's interested, I'm looking for a webdesigner who'll be able to implement a visually appealing website (basic design is already penned out), flash intro and login system to access easter egg media (and more). I haven't been to bothered about it because a lot of the work going on at the moment is behind the scenes such as working on the storyline and gameplay.

We have ModDB listing

We also have HLGaming hosting now and behind the crappy façade of the temp site are the forums which will soon have those first few pieces of concept art.[/plug]
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Members Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Posts: 10,499
    Looking forward to Project: Hull Breach and of course Terminus Discord.
    QUOTE (MOOtant @ Sep 21 2012, 11:06 AM) »
    What is wrong with being a racist?

• CrispyCrispy Jaded GD Members, Constellation Join Date: 2004-08-22 Member: 30793Posts: 3,225
    ...updat0red...

Yeah some nice links you have there. P:HB has shot into my top 5 in terms of anticipation.
  • HibameHibame Members, Reinforced - Shadow Join Date: 2003-11-16 Member: 22974Posts: 585
    www.calibermod.com
    The game is balanced, the players are not
  • DOOManiacDOOManiac Worst. Critic. Ever. Members, NS1 Playtester Join Date: 2002-04-17 Member: 462Posts: 8,596
  • KalessinKalessin Members, Constellation Join Date: 2003-06-20 Member: 17554Posts: 154
    I'm looking forward to the Secret of Mana mod, I loved that game and some of the screenshots on that site are fantastic.

Neoshock is looking tasty too.
  • Vahn_PaktuVahn_Paktu Members, Constellation Join Date: 2002-10-28 Member: 1666Posts: 594 Advanced user
    More of a mini-mod that has potential to expand into something greater, The Strider Mod lets you control the Strider and the Helicopter. I am looking forward to the next version which is mutiplayer. I assume this means fighting other people or co-opt or (You can map something to take advantage of this).
  • MulletMullet Members, Constellation Join Date: 2003-04-28 Member: 15910Posts: 3,290
    QUOTE (DOOManiac @ Jan 7 2005, 05:02 PM)
    Espionage :O

Make that two smile-fix.gif
  • Nemesis_ZeroNemesis_Zero Old European Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Constellation Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 75Posts: 12,841
    NS:Source.

J/K.

Or am I? wink-fix.gif
    And if I haven't seen further, it's because those bloody giants have blocked my sight.
  • SwiftspearSwiftspear Custim tital Members Join Date: 2003-10-29 Member: 22097Posts: 7,018
    PIT SOURSE!!!

and the HI team is also making a sourse release that is supposed to be a fairly major improvement from thier original...
    O_O image
  • AlcapwnAlcapwn "War is the science of destruction" - John Abbot Members Join Date: 2003-06-21 Member: 17590Posts: 1,965
    I wish there was a deathball mod for hl2...

*IMAGE BALEETED.* Sigs may not exceed 400x75 and/or 40KB. No exceptions. -Talesin
  • MulletMullet Members, Constellation Join Date: 2003-04-28 Member: 15910Posts: 3,290
    QUOTE (Nemesis Zero @ Jan 7 2005, 05:39 PM)
    NS:Source.

J/K.

Or am I? wink-fix.gif

Cool, my mind is being pwned by the NS team juggling with the idea of source. I'm being mentally abused!
  • SupernornSupernorn Best. Picture. Ever. Made. Ever. Members, Constellation Join Date: 2002-11-07 Member: 7608Posts: 4,405
    edited January 2005
    I would suggest Zombie Panic:source but there isnt much to show off yet. So dont bother putting it in the list. There is however a quickly made "proof of concept" version on the HL engine. Not easy on the eyes, but its quiet fun if you have the right people playing. (unfortunately there are a few times where you dont)

I'm hoping we can learn from the problems that arised in the Proof of concept and work around them for this version.

www.zombiepanic.org

</plug>
  • LokeTheSleekPeruvianLokeTheSleekPeruvian Members Join Date: 2003-08-21 Member: 20054Posts: 669 Advanced user
    QUOTE (Swiftspear @ Jan 7 2005, 07:39 PM)
    PIT SOURSE!!!

The Source engine can't handle it you dummy.
    I am Sleek.

user posted image

BlueSleekJezpuhZombie > all

QUOTE (Ballisto)
    They're dreadlocks, as we all know that onos are Rastafarian and listen to Bob Marley.
  • AlcapwnAlcapwn &quot;War is the science of destruction&quot; - John Abbot Members Join Date: 2003-06-21 Member: 17590Posts: 1,965
    now that i looked at it (there website was down before) Sourceball looks alot like deathball and an old game called Hyperblade combined...

Lookin foward to it.
    *IMAGE BALEETED.* Sigs may not exceed 400x75 and/or 40KB. No exceptions. -Talesin
  • PvtBonesPvtBones Members Join Date: 2004-04-25 Member: 28187Posts: 390
    The Empires Mod (it was awsome on Bf'42 and it'll be awsome on Source)

Eternal Silence 2 - need I say anything?

Jurrasic Rage - looks fun, can't say no to dinos
    Sig image limits are 400*75 pixels and 22KB. You will conform.

-- Nem

What happens if the sun suddenly goes out?
    1 week - Canadians screwed.
  • OmegamanOmegaman Members Join Date: 2004-01-11 Member: 25239Posts: 1,829
    PIT SOURSE!!!

and the HI team is also making a sourse release that is supposed to be a fairly major improvement from thier original...

Seconded.

The Pit: Source will own. All mods will own. I am so hungry for a mod so I can stop playing HL2: DM and...ugh...CS.
  • SwiftspearSwiftspear Custim tital Members Join Date: 2003-10-29 Member: 22097Posts: 7,018
    QUOTE (LokeTheSleekPeruvian @ Jan 7 2005, 09:57 PM)
    PIT SOURSE!!!

The Source engine can't handle it you dummy.

OMG I's PWNED wow.gif
    O_O image
  • eedioteediot Members Join Date: 2003-02-24 Member: 13903Posts: 3,281 Fully active user
    Nobody's looking forward to my uber-secret mod that I haven't told anybody about.. =/ Man. That's a little sad.
    Winner of World's Most Handsome Poster Award 2008
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Members Join Date: 2003-02-24 Member: 13942Posts: 177
    Forsaken

One of those great post apocalyptic games, except the post apocalypse is from disease. From the concept art, it looks pretty awesome.
    Local movie critic.
  • PhycoPhyco Omnipotent Members Join Date: 2003-12-24 Member: 24730Posts: 737 Advanced user
  • Cold_NiTeCold_NiTe Members Join Date: 2003-09-15 Member: 20875Posts: 6,072
    Dude, crispy, you are my god. I have been dying to try Source mods, but too lazy to go search around more than I have to. Oh man thank heaven.
  • TOmekkiTOmekki Members Join Date: 2003-11-25 Member: 23524Posts: 2,254
    i guess i should mention this, though i only found out about it recently

http://www.empiresmod.com/

#empiresmod on gamesurge
    <DOOManiac> my main thing about clans is they never seem to actually have fun when playing
    <DOOManiac> even if they're winning they are so caught up in the seriousness of the situation they don't have fun. its like work. where's the fun in that?

last.fm
  • sportysporty Members Join Date: 2003-06-29 Member: 17782Posts: 351
    hmm... i like the concept of empires, and even played (or tried to play) it when it was a bf42 mod. then the switch to the cry engine, and now... source? i hope they know what theyre doing... source doesnt look like a bad engine, but for larger outdoor maps the cry engine seems to be suited better. again, i guess it isnt only a decision based on the engines capabilities, but on the possible player base for a mod. and what could top hl2s popularity among shooter gamers...

the hl2 mod im anticipating would be insurgency... those former red orchestra developers can only benefit its quality wink-fix.gif
    QUOTE (Hang Loose)
    ...and there was so much green blood I thought I was playing doom 3 in germany.
  • FacTorFacTor Wyoming, MIMembers Join Date: 2002-12-17 Member: 10916Posts: 300 Advanced user
    Hmm..

Bushido

And Role Play HL , which I dont remember site for...
    Ingame: Modnar FacTor alias R.I.P 2005
  • DrSuredeathDrSuredeath Members Join Date: 2002-11-11 Member: 8217Posts: 1,765
    edited January 2005
    Sven Co-op

Just the idea of playing through HL2 co-op. Can't wait.
    "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever"
    - Shigeru Miyamoto
  • funbagsfunbags Members Join Date: 2003-06-08 Member: 17099Posts: 1,536
    Can't wait for Operation: Desert Storm or Hold out.

holdout.hl2files.com

www.odstorm.com
    QUOTE (OttoDestruct @ Jun 13 2005, 06:37 PM)
    QUOTE (AllUrHiveRblong2us @ Jun 13 2005, 06:34 PM)
    how does anyone like anyone?

Boobs.

ZOMG YOU FOUND MY WEAKNESS! BOOBS <3
  • ZyndromeZyndrome Members Join Date: 2003-03-28 Member: 14974Posts: 361
    edited January 2005
    I am looking forward to completion of the two mods I am working on, together with two different teams.
    www.nucleardreams.com - Nuclear Dreams - A post-nuclear RPG.

www.blackmesasource.com - Black Mesa : Source - Complete reconstruction of HL1, the way HL:Source should've been.
  • RenegadeRenegade Old school Members Join Date: 2002-03-29 Member: 361Posts: 1,966
    QUOTE (Mullet @ Jan 7 2005, 04:37 PM)
    QUOTE (DOOManiac @ Jan 7 2005, 05:02 PM)
    Espionage :O

Make that two smile-fix.gif

Make that 3
    IPB Image

Savior, conqueror, hero, villian.

Espionage Mod
  • ArmageddonArmageddon Members Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33055Posts: 259
    i'm looking forward to ns:source, if the devs really decide to do that.

by the time actual mods come out for hl2, it'll be $20 and that's when I'm gonna get it!!