[mrel] Low Poly World Model Pack V1

SnappyCrunchSnappyCrunch Join Date: 2004-08-03 Member: 30328Members, Constellation Posts: 495
edited December 2009 in NS Customization
Coming in on the heels of my Low Poly Marine Stuctures Pack, it's the Low Poly World Model Pack! This pack includes ten models, but doesn't include most of the weapon world models because **Grizzly already released those. You can find the thread for his stuff here, or download here

Here are the models that are in this pack:
CODE
w_ammo:        57 polys, 34% of 170
w_ammopack: 162 polys, 40% of 404
w_catalyst:      138 polys, 43% of 320
w_gr:              40 polys,  5% of 816
w_health:        26 polys, 13% of 194
w_heavy:        184 polys, 39% of 470
w_jetpack:      120 polys, 40% of 300
w_mine:          36 polys, 19% of 192
w_mine2:        140 polys, 73% of 192
w_welder:         2 polys,  2% of 118

Download
Mirror at www.nsarmslab.com (Thanks, DeathKnight)

Download is available through my low poly pack at FPSBanana

Some notes:
w_ammopack is 5 submodels, one for each type of ammo. I only changed the shotgun ammo and the GL ammo.
w_mine2 actually looks like a "pack" of mines, and is based on a model by Jaeger, who based his model on a concept by -|HN|-_Prodigy
w_gr was something I found in my NS directory, named w_gren. I think it might be the CS flashbang. It fits, and it's certainly low poly by comparison.
Post edited by Unknown User on
[Low Poly Packs: Marine Structures, World Models, Players]
[High Poly Models: Phasegate, Infantry Portal]

Comments

• ThatamosThatamos Join Date: 2004-11-05 Member: 32643Members Posts: 458
    Memories of the original Doom come back to mind when I see your low poly pack smile-fix.gif Good times, good times.
    Sig too big. 400x75 22kB. -Scythe
  • ChargeCharge Join Date: 2003-02-05 Member: 13144Members Posts: 904
    QUOTE (Thatamos @ Nov 7 2004, 07:49 AM)
    Memories of the original Doom come back to mind when I see your low poly pack smile-fix.gif Good times, good times.

ermm.. WTH? :o
    aka Fatality_
  • RatonetwothreetwooneRatonetwothreetwoone Join Date: 2004-03-23 Member: 27504Members Posts: 1,831
    welp, i like it, but to be honest... that welder is extrememly ugly imo
    user posted image
  • cortexcortex Join Date: 2003-11-28 Member: 23707Members Posts: 410
    low poly am win. well done biggrin-fix.gif
  • SnappyCrunchSnappyCrunch Join Date: 2004-08-03 Member: 30328Members, Constellation Posts: 495
    Thatamos: Apparently you haven't played Doom in a long while smile-fix.gif

Rat12321: I'm not sure you realize that the low poly welder is 2 polys, and is meant to lie flat on the ground. I also don't think you realize that the blue color is transparent in game; it actually looks pretty good in game. Well, it's recognizable as a welder at any rate.
    If you really can't stand the flat look, that's okay. The weapon world models are pretty light on the polys; I can get by with the defaults unless the comm spams them. I mainly did it because Grizzly missed it in his pack.
  • StarStarGrizzlyStarStarGrizzly Join Date: 2004-02-06 Member: 26139Members Posts: 736
    QUOTE (SnappyCrunch @ Nov 7 2004, 07:17 AM)
    but doesn't include most of the weapon world models because **Grizzly already released those. You can find them here.

My link is dead and I lost my low poly w models in a format. Ill remake them eventually but I gotta lot on my "to do list" atm.
    **Grizzly
  • SnappyCrunchSnappyCrunch Join Date: 2004-08-03 Member: 30328Members, Constellation Posts: 495
    edited November 2004
    Well, I've got 'em. I assume you don't mind me putting them up for download smile-fix.gif

[EDIT] Here they are.[/EDIT]
  • RatonetwothreetwooneRatonetwothreetwoone Join Date: 2004-03-23 Member: 27504Members Posts: 1,831
    QUOTE (SnappyCrunch @ Nov 7 2004, 02:05 PM)
    Thatamos: Apparently you haven't played Doom in a long while smile-fix.gif

Rat12321: I'm not sure you realize that the low poly welder is 2 polys, and is meant to lie flat on the ground. I also don't think you realize that the blue color is transparent in game; it actually looks pretty good in game. Well, it's recognizable as a welder at any rate.
    If you really can't stand the flat look, that's okay. The weapon world models are pretty light on the polys; I can get by with the defaults unless the comm spams them. I mainly did it because Grizzly missed it in his pack.

yeah i know its 2 polies and i know its transparent on the blue but i figured you could maybe cut the polies without making it flat... just figure itd be hard to see in game... i dunno tho i dont use the low poly pack i just like how nice it looks
    user posted image
  • DJPygonDJPygon Join Date: 2004-09-29 Member: 31997Members Posts: 104
    i do have to say that you did get an impressive drop in poly's on some of the models, without losing much quality. i have to agree on the welder however, because i dont think im going to see a flat welder from a good distance away. -- might as well use it for a spray...
  • DeathKnightDeathKnight Join Date: 2004-05-11 Member: 28607Members Posts: 119