Disconnection Message: What Causes This?

DepotDepot The ModFather Join Date: 2002-11-09 Member: 7956Members
edited September 2004 in General Server Discussion
Server's been working fine (Win32 B5 with AMX X) then all of a sudden no one can join:
<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->You have been disconnected from the server.
Reason: Kicked: "You have no entry to the server..."<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Any clue where this came from out of nowhere ??

Comments

• DepotDepot The ModFather Join Date: 2002-11-09 Member: 7956Members
    edited September 2004
    My bad for not disabling AMXX first and retrying (which eliminated the error).
    Still, I cannot figure out why players cant join.
  • JHunzJHunz Join Date: 2002-11-15 Member: 8815Members, Constellation
    from a quick google, it appears you should check what your amx_mode cvar is set to
    <!--QuoteBegin-JHunz+Sep 11 2004, 02:09 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (JHunz @ Sep 11 2004, 02:09 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> from a quick google, it appears you should check what your amx_mode cvar is set to <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    A most excellent guess, however it's set to "1" which is correct.
  • CaucasianCaucasian Join Date: 2002-11-26 Member: 9993Members
    What modules are you loading Kwik?

Also which plugins are you loading?
  • WyzcrakWyzcrak Pot Pie Aficionado Join Date: 2002-12-04 Member: 10447Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    This is the message that players see when they try to join the server using the name NSPlayer, which I have configured in the users.ini file as a reserved player name.
    <!--QuoteBegin-Caucasian+Sep 12 2004, 01:49 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Caucasian @ Sep 12 2004, 01:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> What modules are you loading Kwik?

Also which plugins are you loading? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <ul><li>fun</li><li>ns2amx</li><li>engine</li></ul>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Wyzcrak+Sep 12 2004, 02:03 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Wyzcrak @ Sep 12 2004, 02:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> This is the message that players see when they try to join the server using the name NSPlayer, which I have configured in the users.ini file as a reserved player name. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Agreed, but when I gave myself basic access with a valid name, same error.
    Here's what Steve D. and I figured out: for whatever reason the the amxx.cfg was not executing (plugins and modules were normal). The only solution was to do a fresh install of AMX X.