[wip] Rtx Shotgun

StrapStrap Members Join Date: 2004-08-29 Member: 30995Posts: 26
edited August 2004 in NS Customization
concept by njroo ke
Well, here it is. Another installment to the RTX saga. Slightly tweaked for more detail and realistic mechanics.

user posted image
(the ammo trapdoor is open to show that it does infact open)

user posted image

And here's the original concept:
user posted image

++ADDITION++

Here is the 3ds file for unwrapping/skinning:
RTXsgByStrap.3DS

I exported without saving max's texture coordinates-- thus you shouldn't have to reweld all the vertecies and the smoothing groups will still be there. (I imported it back into max, and it looked perfect, along with Ms3d).

The polycount stands at 1720.
Have fun!

Note: credits go to Njroo Ke (or Rooke) for the RTX concept, and to me (Strap) for the model, and to you if you skin it tounge.gif .

++ADDITION++
Post edited by Unknown User on
Warriors of the Apocalypse a HL2 modification.
A.K.A. Strapon2 D:

Comments

• IcejellyIcejelly Members Join Date: 2003-06-10 Member: 17176Posts: 368
    mmmm sechs-tacular...another quality model in progress... smile-fix.gif

just a little nit...perhaps the barrel could be lengthened to match the length of the stock. it kinda looks a tad too short.... tounge.gif
    It's supposed to be an all-round tank with added basewrecking functionality, not an obese fairy that can make single targets magically disappear, but that gets completely mowed down by groups. - A very true description of the v3.0b4a Onos
  • StrapStrap Members Join Date: 2004-08-29 Member: 30995Posts: 26
    In the model or the concept? I made the barrel in the model longer than in the concept because because it was too short.
    A.K.A. Strapon2 D:
  • cataystcatayst Members Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8298Posts: 69
    I'm liking the length and all, looks great wd. Now all it needs is a nice mesh/skin/anims.... please dont let this die!
  • AnarkiThreeXSixAnarkiThreeXSix x_x Members Join Date: 2003-12-31 Member: 24894Posts: 687
    nice, i <3 the barrel/front part
    IPB Image
    [LM][AnarKorp] NOES!
  • ChronoChrono Local flyboy Members Join Date: 2003-08-05 Member: 18989Posts: 5,865
    welcome to the forums strap your off to a great start biggrin-fix.gif

get in the habbit of posting polycounts when you post the model tho
    QUOTE(MSN)
    Coleman: euro-fighter would be a cool name for a wang

"SERIOS POSTING - dropping the discussion forums IQ one post at a time"
  • DelarosaDelarosa Naturally Custom Members, NS1 Playtester Join Date: 2002-11-29 Member: 10214Posts: 4,759
    nice model, nice render, maybe it will be unwrapped and ready for skinning sometime?
    NS Custom models, might just be back...
    QUOTE (Chrono @ Aug 29 2004, 01:17 AM)
    welcome to the forums strap your off to a great start biggrin-fix.gif

get in the habbit of posting polycounts when you post the model tho

Thanks... I've been on the forums for quite a long time though. I feel I have outgrown my old alias (check sig).

As for the PC, it's nicely below 2k at 1798. Considering all the contours and parts.
    A.K.A. Strapon2 D:
  • LikuLiku I, am the Somberlain. Members Join Date: 2003-01-10 Member: 12128Posts: 10,081
    Awesome, it looks like a high-tech Winchester, and I loves meh Winchesters!
    QUOTE (Thansal @ Oct 14 2007, 12:14 PM) »
    I am with Them and Liku (who is fun to pwn with a baseball bat).
  • BijiyBijiy Fantastic Damage Members Join Date: 2003-11-28 Member: 23697Posts: 1,417
    Nice, I like it.
  • RhaALRhaAL Members Join Date: 2003-11-11 Member: 22491Posts: 248
    HOLY POOP! thats got to be the sexiest shotgun ever! finish asap!
  • Vash_Fourty_Five_LcVash_Fourty_Five_Lc Members Join Date: 2003-06-01 Member: 16913Posts: 315
    im liking it alot, im definately keeping an eye on this one. Keep up the great work my man.
    I tell ya. As if killing you isn't bad enough. You also get a face full of alien wing-wong.
  • ChronoChrono Local flyboy Members Join Date: 2003-08-05 Member: 18989Posts: 5,865
    after spending some time staring at the render ive got some C&C for you

1) make the barrel a cylinder not a tube
    2) reduce the number of sides on the top barrel
    3) reduce number of sides on the bottom cylinder
    4) reduce number of sides on the shells
    QUOTE(MSN)

• BlackPantherBlackPanther Members Join Date: 2002-02-11 Member: 197Posts: 1,393 Fully active user
    Now THAT is exactly the kind of stuff i love to see for NS.
    Great job.
    *NUKED.* Do not evade the swear filter. -Talesin
    IPB Image
    [PF LOTW] [XMAS]
  • UESCdurandalUESCdurandal Members Join Date: 2003-05-24 Member: 16660Posts: 306
    wanna have it wanna have it!

this shotty will straighly be used when it comes out. I hope it will come
    Only a dead Kharaa is a good Kharaa!
    user posted image
  • CaptainPanakaCaptainPanaka Members Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4718Posts: 3,541
    Really good so far smile-fix.gif Now that's a shotty model I'm looking forward to biggrin-fix.gif
    user posted image
    HLPortal.de|CaptainPanaka
    user posted imageQuakenet: #hlportal
  • CoolCookieCooksCoolCookieCooks Pretty Girl Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation Join Date: 2003-05-18 Member: 16446Posts: 5,602
    welcome to the community man, thank god its someone who knows how to model biggrin-fix.gif
  • Dark_SoulDark_Soul Hive King Members Join Date: 2003-11-11 Member: 22527Posts: 1,051
  • UESCdurandalUESCdurandal Members Join Date: 2003-05-24 Member: 16660Posts: 306
    the concept skin, wouldnt be bad either smile-fix.gif
    Only a dead Kharaa is a good Kharaa!
    user posted image
  • SkinnYSkinnY Members Join Date: 2002-11-07 Member: 7500Posts: 1,255
    welcome back strap smile-fix.gif glad to see you've gotten yourself a more mature name tounge.gif

gl with getting someone to skinmesh this beauty... i might give it a try if you want ? ( same with skinning )
    yea... i post crap...
    strap ill mesh it on 1 condition if skinny skins my smg tounge.gif
    QUOTE(MSN)

• kingpinkingpin Members Join Date: 2004-08-20 Member: 30742Posts: 48
    i rekon that the concept is very plain and ur model looks alot better keep it up
    user posted image
    QUOTE (Chrono @ Aug 29 2004, 05:02 AM)
    strap ill mesh it on 1 condition if skinny skins my smg tounge.gif

.... -_-

not... fair...
    yea... i post crap...
  • FrEeLaNcEr1FrEeLaNcEr1 Members Join Date: 2003-12-18 Member: 24511Posts: 64
    Nice Sg! Will be using this one. personally Haven't see a good one since Brigs. If you get the Mesh out, I'll have a go at skinning

user posted image
  • esunaesuna Rock Bottom Members, Constellation Join Date: 2003-04-03 Member: 15175Posts: 5,578 Fully active user
    Nice model, a vast improvement over the, well, lacking concept. biggrin-fix.gif

Can't wait to see it skinned. smile-fix.gif
  • DrfuzzyDrfuzzy FEW... MORE.... INCHES... Members Join Date: 2003-09-21 Member: 21094Posts: 4,507
    Holy hell i <3 this model, please finish! I need a good shotgun for once :/
  • cortexcortex Members Join Date: 2003-11-28 Member: 23707Posts: 410
    from what ive seen of all the rtx' concepts they all look great, this shotgun probably tops them though biggrin-fix.gif

whatever happened to that rtx pistol confused-fix.gif?
  • IlluminaIllumina Members Join Date: 2003-07-27 Member: 18456Posts: 132
    edited August 2004
    lol i went to reply to this and noticed strap was also reading the thread, feels like he's looking over my shoulder as im typing or something >.>

I really like the model and its good that you got a new name, sounds more professional. Let's just hope you get a beautiful skin to go with it, cause the best model can be ruined by a crappy skin sad-fix.gif

edit-spelling
    QUOTE (Chrono @ Aug 29 2004, 02:43 AM)
    after spending some time staring at the render ive got some C&C for you

1) make the barrel a cylinder not a tube
    2) reduce the number of sides on the top barrel
    3) reduce number of sides on the bottom cylinder
    4) reduce number of sides on the shells

I'm going to chop that whole part out for the meshable version. So that should make up for your stated changes, polycount wise.

Any objections to me deleting all the front faces on the gun? (not the left side or anything, just the ones on the very end) I don't think any animations will be holding the gun with the barrel facing the camera tounge.gif .

I made huge progress on the RTX hmg, it just needs some tweaking and some sights. I'm also remaking the RTX lmg I made so long ago (sorry to void your work, skinny sad-fix.gif )

Also.. the smoothing groups are true, as in, there are not triangles using no smoothing group (max allows this, but it messes up the groups when exporting or using in a game, so don't worry about that).

(I'll continue work if no one objects to the deleting of the faces on the end of the gun)
    A.K.A. Strapon2 D:
    edited August 2004
    QUOTE (Strap @ Aug 29 2004, 11:06 AM)

[...]
    (sorry to void your work, skinny  sad-fix.gif )
    [...]

nevah ! then i will reskin that one, and the next, and the next, and the next... you will never get away !! mwahahaha!!!

*cough* erhm.. yea, on a side note, i think you should wait with the face-deleting till later, i like whole models more...

Edit\\

sig aren't allowed to be as big as yours, max size is 400*75 and a total size of 22kb tounge.gif
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    yea... i post crap...
    Here is the 3ds file for unwrapping/skinning:
    RTXsgByStrap.3DS

I exported without saving max's texture coordinates-- thus you shouldn't have to reweld all the vertecies and the smoothing groups will still be there. (I imported it back into max, and it looked perfect, along with Ms3d).

The polycount stands at 1720.
    Have fun!

Note: credits go to Njroo Ke (or Rooke) for the RTX concept, and to me (Strap) for the model, and to you if you skin it tounge.gif .
    A.K.A. Strapon2 D: