Server Keeps Crashing?

unleashedunleashed Join Date: 2004-07-25 Member: 30103Members
edited August 2004 in General Server Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">Need HELP!!</div> i am currently trying to make my computer ready to host a lan server with my mates, but am having a bit of difficulty.

I wanted some plugins for my server so i went to <a href='http://www.modns.org' target='_blank'>www.modns.org</a>

I have installed rcbot to help test the plugins with some bots and they work fine as what ive seen so far.

Ive also installed metamod v1.17.1, amx v0.9.9 with the plugins:
lerklift, lerk spike, selfweld, gorge grappling hook, gorge building recycle, a different respawn system and extra levels for combat.

While i am playing the game just suddenly freezes and i have 2 alt-ctlr-del to get out.

I was wondering if the new 0.9.9 version of amx is the cause? i really don't wanna start all from the start and install each one, test it then install another etc etc.

Comments

• DEADscottDEADscott Join Date: 2003-03-29 Member: 15022Members, Constellation
    In the adminmod config is this cvar:

admin_bot_protection 0

Set the zero to 1, this will stop the bots from getting client commands and should stop the crashes.
  • unleashedunleashed Join Date: 2004-07-25 Member: 30103Members
    edited August 2004
    i dun have adminmod...

ive been trying everything out to find the cause of the game crashing...

EVERY time i draw out the knive in marines (either ns or combat), it crashes. I am yet to see any other explanation...

i think this is because of my plugins perhaps???
  • DEADscottDEADscott Join Date: 2003-03-29 Member: 15022Members, Constellation
    edited August 2004
    Could be, try disabling them one at a time.

[EDIT] I just saw the knive thing. Do you use a custom knife model? Is it related to a knife/weapon plugin your using? Can you post a log of the crash?[/EDIT]
  • sawcesawce Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10787Members
    edited August 2004
    <!--QuoteBegin-unleashed+Aug 21 2004, 09:27 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (unleashed @ Aug 21 2004, 09:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> i dun have adminmod...

ive been trying everything out to find the cause of the game crashing...

EVERY time i draw out the knive in marines (either ns or combat), it crashes.  I am yet to see any other explanation...

i think this is because of my plugins perhaps??? <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It sounds like you have the CSStats module loaded. If you do, disable it (its in modules.ini)

<b>Edit:</b> And since you're using amx 099, you need to remove CSStats from metamod's plugins.ini, as well.
  • unleashedunleashed Join Date: 2004-07-25 Member: 30103Members
    edited August 2004
    i do have the csstats enabled... i have no idea what it is though??

Ive disbled it in amx and metamod and all seems fine at the moment... time 2 play a few full games with bots to really test things out. Thanx heaps everyone!