Is It Posible?

Diablo_fxDiablo_fx Join Date: 2003-02-21 Member: 13793Members
<div class="IPBDescription">to "lock" lightgamma?</div> Well is it? i might want to lock lightgamma to a high amount for optimal athosphere. Also gamma, texgamma and brightness.

Comments

• pGc-ProdigypGc-Prodigy Join Date: 2003-12-05 Member: 23970Members
    In short, it's a client-side cvar. Albeit one that many players don't know about. You can change a player's cvar using an addon like adminmod, but that's generally frowned upon.

I think the reason many people haven't responded to this thread is because of your use of the phrase "optimal atmosphere". Who determines optimal? IMHO as small as you can go is optimal. You might like locking it at the default value (which makes many maps *way* too dark, again imho).
  • pGc-ProdigypGc-Prodigy Join Date: 2003-12-05 Member: 23970Members
    BTW - my earlier post was specifically targeted at lightgamma. As far as gamma and brightness are concerned, you also have to consider that different videocards and different monitors will result in different visual representations of these variables with the same setting. The reason they are there is for the user to customize to their computer (and their personal preference).
  • SaViOrSaViOr Join Date: 2004-04-09 Member: 27809Members
    make a autoexec.cfg in ur nsp folder..tehn put this lines in the autoexec.cfg file..
    <!--c1--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>CODE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='CODE'><!--ec1-->lightgamma 0.00000000000000000000000001<!--c2--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--ec2-->