Big Nightwatch Update!

InsaneInsane AnomalyMembers, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Posts: 3,912 admin
Lots of new media.
I'm sure many of you are interested in Nightwatch, and as many NS community types are involved in the mod, I thought I'd mention this here.

The NW Team, after a long period of silence on the media front, have released a whole bunch of cool new media, including updated weapon and character models, new level shots, and an incredibly cool Steam background image by none other than NS' own lead artist, Cory Strader.

What are you waiting for? Get up in that muh!

Comments

• Hand_Me_The_Gun_And_Ask_Me_AgainHand_Me_The_Gun_And_Ask_Me_Again Members Join Date: 2002-02-07 Member: 178Posts: 267
    QUOTE (Insane @ Jun 27 2004, 09:35 AM)
    ... an incredibly cool Steam background image by none other than NS' own lead artist, Cory Strader.

Now do you understand? wink.gif

I hope everyone enjoys this media update - getting it out required many things, including an emergency installation of Internet Explorer 6 on my PC (long story), and it's probably going to hate me for that forever...
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, SpainMembers, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Posts: 4,177 Advanced user
  • Cereal_KillRCereal_KillR Members Join Date: 2002-10-31 Member: 1837Posts: 4,943 Advanced user
    oh yeaah... Amazing biggrin.gif
    -signed-
  • KungFuDiscoMonkeyKungFuDiscoMonkey Creator of ns_altair 日本福岡県Members, NS1 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos Join Date: 2003-03-15 Member: 14555Posts: 2,589 Advanced user
    Beautiful work.
    毎日勉強したら上手になるよ
  • ClashenClashen Members Join Date: 2003-08-22 Member: 20087Posts: 1,465
    www.-hl-nightwatch.com could not be found. Please check the name and try again.

=(
    user posted image
  • Cereal_KillRCereal_KillR Members Join Date: 2002-10-31 Member: 1837Posts: 4,943 Advanced user
    edited June 2004
    .net and no - before hl

edit:

*slaps head* I suppose you have to wait a bit...
    -signed-
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Members Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Posts: 10,499
    Mmm, Nightwatch. The mod so good, people think it's an official expansion.
    QUOTE (MOOtant @ Sep 21 2012, 11:06 AM) »
    What is wrong with being a racist?

• CoolCookieCooksCoolCookieCooks Pretty Girl Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation Join Date: 2003-05-18 Member: 16446Posts: 5,602
  • BigBullBigBull Members Join Date: 2003-04-02 Member: 15123Posts: 2,478
    Me niether..
    Ugh Im too damn brown for a sig.
  • pardzhpardzh Members Join Date: 2002-10-25 Member: 1601Posts: 3,132
    Site = deadsauce. sad.gif
    the artist formerly known as duff-man
  • QuaunautQuaunaut The longest seven days in history... Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow Join Date: 2003-03-21 Member: 14759Posts: 7,216 Advanced user
    Yep, sadly. It seems people like INSANE SPAMMED IT ON EVERY FORUM THEY EVER GO ON, and THUS, screw up all our chances.
    __________Artist: asuka111 | The Flood | www.quaunaut.com
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Posts: 3,912 admin
    edited June 2004
    Yes, Quaunaut, I spammed it on every forum I visit. Absolutely. Those forums would be the Natural Selection forums and the Nightwatch forums. Hmm.

QUOTE (Hand Me The Gun And Ask Me Again @ Jun 27 2004, 10:24 AM)
    Now do you understand? wink.gif

Yes indeed. wink.gif I guessed that was what the picture was when I saw it. Is it just his desktop background or is it a running build of Nightwatch?

EDIT:
    <ProfessionalVictim> Note: The server may appear down because Oktagone switched the DNS entry. If it hasn't propagated yet, it will appear to be down.
    <ProfessionalVictim> I don't know why they didn't add redundancy so the site would keep working on both until it propagated, and I think this is an absolutely terrible time for them to do this, but there's not much I can do about it.

That would be why you can't see the site.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • TequilaTequila Members Join Date: 2003-08-13 Member: 19660Posts: 3,020
    I wish I could see it, but I know it's good.
  • Umbraed_MonkeyUmbraed_Monkey Members Join Date: 2002-11-25 Member: 9922Posts: 1,769
    Are there mirrors?
  • KungFuSquirrelKungFuSquirrel Basher of Muttons Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor Join Date: 2002-01-26 Member: 103Posts: 2,175
    This is freakin' ridiculous. No matter what month, week, day, hour, second, or nanosecond an NW update goes up, you can rest assured knowing Oktagone will find some way to destroy the site moments later. Joy.

And that was my desktop background, though now my personal wallpaper is a combination of Starcraft: Ghost and Warcraft III (night elf box art = the pwn).

Elven Thief, I must contact you! You like the tornadic action I dragged up here? tounge.gif
  • LikuLiku I, am the Somberlain. Members Join Date: 2003-01-10 Member: 12128Posts: 10,075
    I wanna see. The Mod does look great, and I'm just waiting on a release like I am for RE2.
    QUOTE (Thansal @ Oct 14 2007, 12:14 PM) »
    I am with Them and Liku (who is fun to pwn with a baseball bat).
  • RedfordRedford Monorailcatfjord Members, NS1 Playtester Join Date: 2002-04-28 Member: 528Posts: 2,977
    Please finish mod before I stab saney. Kthks.

Redfard.
    Am I infected with Delicious?
  • DOOManiacDOOManiac Worst. Critic. Ever. Members, NS1 Playtester Join Date: 2002-04-17 Member: 462Posts: 8,596
    Whoever can get to the site, post teh IP! I wanna see the sexy update :O
    Russell 'DOOManiac' Weed

[email protected]

• Hand_Me_The_Gun_And_Ask_Me_AgainHand_Me_The_Gun_And_Ask_Me_Again Members Join Date: 2002-02-07 Member: 178Posts: 267
    The server's actually still running, and it's inaccessible due to DNS issues. An IP address on its own won't be much use - it's a shared server hosting lots of different sites from the same IP address.

You can still get at it, but you'll need to mess about with your 'hosts' file. This is pretty advanced, so I accept no responsibility if I break your machine!. Add the following lines to C:\WINDOWS\hosts, /etc/hosts or whatever your system uses:
    CODE

66.199.237.61  www.hl-nightwatch.net
    66.199.237.61  forums.hl-nightwatch.net

Remember to remove said lines in a few days when DNS is back again...

Yes, Oktagone smells of wee. confused.gif
  • TequilaTequila Members Join Date: 2003-08-13 Member: 19660Posts: 3,020
    QUOTE (Hand Me The Gun And Ask Me Again @ Jun 27 2004, 11:18 PM)
    The server's actually still running, and it's inaccessible due to DNS issues. An IP address on its own won't be much use - it's a shared server hosting lots of different sites from the same IP address.

You can still get at it, but you'll need to mess about with your 'hosts' file. This is pretty advanced, so I accept no responsibility if I break your machine!. Add the following lines to C:\WINDOWS\hosts, /etc/hosts or whatever your system uses:
    CODE

66.199.237.61  www.hl-nightwatch.net
    66.199.237.61  forums.hl-nightwatch.net

Remember to remove said lines in a few days when DNS is back again...

Yes, Oktagone smells of wee. confused.gif

Thanks, this worked a treat. It's looking ridiculously good, especially that shot of the zappy particle portal thing smile.gif.
  • OttoDestructOttoDestruct Members Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7790Posts: 3,226
    Quote the server, 404.
    user posted image
    Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.
  • GWARGWAR Members, Contributor Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2297Posts: 1,347
    NooooooOOOOooooOOOOO

I couldnt get the new wallpaper... File not found.... *sob*
  • ElvenThiefElvenThief aka Elven Thief (ex. NS Programmer) Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Constellation Join Date: 2002-11-15 Member: 8754Posts: 926 Fully active user
    KFS: you're damn lucky I was at home visiting my mom. Those tornadoes were frigging wicked. Don't bring that shizzle around here no more. I'll be on irc as soon as I finish getting my linux install fixed up, if you truly need me.
    [C*B] Elven Thief / [CB]Elven_Thief on irc.gamesurge.net

Rocking the Gentoo Linux. Hunt me down on irc if you need help with it.
  • coilcoil Amateur pirate. Professional monkey. All pance. Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor Join Date: 2002-04-12 Member: 424Posts: 7,511
    It's back! (at least for me)

OgOgOg!
  • SupernornSupernorn Best. Picture. Ever. Made. Ever. Members, Constellation Join Date: 2002-11-07 Member: 7608Posts: 4,405
    edited June 2004
    behold the amazing 404 error is gone, and Now I shall cast my eyes upon the awesomeness of NW!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • esunaesuna Rock Bottom Members, Constellation Join Date: 2003-04-03 Member: 15175Posts: 5,576 Fully active user
    NW looks absoludicrously superfantastic. I want it now. sad.gif
  • raz0rraz0r Members Join Date: 2003-07-24 Member: 18395Posts: 1,655
    Nightwatch is single player, isnt it?

This sure as hell makes up for the lack of good single player mods for regular HL

Good work on the mod
    user posted image
    9 kills in a row: In Quake 3 its "Perfect", In Unreal its "Godlike", In Cs its "Kicked By Console".
    WE'VE GOT HOSTILES
  • NarfwakNarfwak Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Posts: 3,785 admin
    /me humps screenshots
    UWE Playtest Lead
    Be the change you wish to see.
    Twitter
  • QuaunautQuaunaut The longest seven days in history... Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow Join Date: 2003-03-21 Member: 14759Posts: 7,216 Advanced user
    Yeah, its SP, and man, I just hope this comes about before the end of summer- I want 24 hours of availability to play this. <3<3
    __________Artist: asuka111 | The Flood | www.quaunaut.com
  • DOOManiacDOOManiac Worst. Critic. Ever. Members, NS1 Playtester Join Date: 2002-04-17 Member: 462Posts: 8,596
    The DNS is back up.

I clicked on the latest level screenshots

I almost **** my pants. I kid you not. That level design looks better than HL2's level design. Pwn.
    Russell 'DOOManiac' Weed

[email protected]