Pre-tsa Incursion

Rush_Of_PeonsRush_Of_Peons Join Date: 2003-02-19 Member: 13728Members
edited June 2004 in Fan-Fiction Forum
<div class="IPBDescription">Kind of a prelude to a map im makin</div> This is a prelude to a map im making, ill probably pretty it up later but right now heres what ive done of the storyline so far, from a Elite marines point of view when a Military Outpost loses contact with the local network command. A small squad has gone in expecting an infiltration, but not the kind that lays waiting for them with big pointy teeth. This is before teh TSA arrive on the scene, i thought it would make a change. Anyways, enjoy!

<b> Introduction </b>

Rain cascaded over my head as my small 10 man Special Air Service squad debarked from the dropship, great. The Australian military outpost, Mirabooka, loomed over us, we knew our objective and set out to the cargo bay doors. All contact was lost 20 hours ago, no transmission of help, only an emergency beacon had given any indication of enemy occupation. “Dingoes move out! Take flanking positions while Sageras cracks the door.” Commanded Major Billig. I moved up to the door, stowing my F-88 Zephyr Rifle in exchange for my de-coder, a wonderful piece of technology that cracked both digital and nano-technology. After some careful analysis of the circuit’s infrastructure I generated the right stream of nano-bots to bypass the door. Taking a sweeping glance at the elevator shaft now, nothing stirred. We all took up defensive positions as the doors closed and we began our long descent into the dark desolate shaft.

The Surface Access elevator came to a grinding halt. As the security door opened into the cargo bay I saw the signal to proceed slowly in Spearhead formation. Lugging my F-88 Zephyr Rifle into position next to an empty fork lift I took in the cargo bay. Something was wrong, no survivors or soldiers from the military outpost, no enemy, only the body of an unfortunate comms operator, there was no gun wounds on him and his gun had been drawn but hadn’t been fired. Jumping up to the panel array I looked closer at his wounds. “That’s strange sir, he hasn’t got a scratch on him”. The medic Captain Thompson came up quickly to take a look and frowned. He looked closer and frowned again, “Looks like he’s suffocated on some toxins, everyone activate your filters, could be a black ops infiltration again!”

The last time we were called to the Mirabooka Military Outpost a corporation had tried to take the facility with a large covert ops platoon, attempting to take some experimental technology as their own, but we had managed to overcome them. Major Billig then gave us our orders. “Curly, Benson get down to the shield generator and get it active again. Corsar and Dent, take Ferguson with you to the Command Node, if there’s a covert ops going on then you’ll need his Dready to get a foot hold. The Tactical Dreadnought Armour, or “Dready” as us Australians had nick named it, was a variation of the TSA Heavy Armour, but built for special missions, so it had thicker armour and had a more silent profile than its slimmer cousin.
“Leszynski and Davo, hold this position and set up remote defenses in case we need an escape route, then head over to subspace communications and get a relay going so command know what’s going on. Jenkins, Sargeras, with me to the other cargo bay, that’s a possible base of operations for the enemy and well need it cleared before we can get a second platoon down there to help us out.”

Splitting up to our different objectives we began the descent to the other cargo bay, a 250 meter trek. The air was strange, almost humid and musky. As we progressed we noticed small markers of a siege, not an ops infiltration. As I proceeded down the corridor something strange happened, the door wouldn’t open. It wasn’t under lock-down….strange. Using my welder I cut through it, bypassing it I saw the blockade that had hastily been set up, small arms damage evident, but no evidence of any bodies or blood. Although there was a green substance sprayed across the wall, strange place for a coolant leak but that’s not important now. “Strange…”, muttered Major Billig. “Let’s proceed with caution, there’s no telling what’s going on here…”

Thats as far as i got. Any type of criticism is appreciated. Havent writtin a full story in a while so im a little rusty, i know i shouldve worked on the at mosphere a bit more but meh. Well tell me what you think and ill try and get back to you after this long weekend.