Anti-christian

LinkLink Join Date: 2002-10-16 Member: 1510Members
I was watching jackass the other night, and one of the blokes dressed up as satan and went around saying, "I'm not that bad" etc. He had a sign which said keep god out of calafornia (Spelling). A bloke walked up, took his sign, smashed it up, and started punching him.

The point is I considered this bang out of order. Aside from the fact that hitting him was a VERY non-christian act, hitting someone for their opinions is evil and wrong.

I want two things.
1/. Do YOU consider the attacker was out of order?

2/. On the (Extreme) offchance that the bloke reads this, are you remotley aware how lucky you are? If I decided to do that (And it would be within my legal right) and you attacked me, I would destroy you, physically, untill you were unable to continue doing it.
Thats the legal terms, but basically it means I would beat the hell out of you for it (Legally too, as it would be self defence).

I know this will likly be deleted because of the nature of the post, but I feel it is a legit point. Put it this way. Would You stand there and be hit because of your beliefs (Or lack of even), or would you fight back? I would.

Opinions?

Comments

• Umbrella_MasterUmbrella_Master Join Date: 2002-07-12 Member: 915Members
    1) No, it wasnt right to hit the satan man.  But let me ask you this, are you sure the guy that hit Bam Margara (or whoever it was) was a Christian?  Did he say, "I AM Christian, I AM kicking your a**"  or maybe it was just someone that was down right offended for reasons you dont know.  Dont always assume things are what they seem to be.  
    If he WAS a Christian, then I believe he should study a bit more into God's Word and take it to heart.

2) If he were reading this, I dont think he'd care much.  Apparently he has the gall to haul off and hit someone thats playing a practical joke, I doubt he'd think twice about doing it again.

My 2cents.
  • LegionnairedLegionnaired Join Date: 2002-04-30 Member: 552Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin--Link+Oct. 26 2002,18:32--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td><b>Quote</b> (Link @ Oct. 26 2002,18:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->Put it this way. Would You stand there and be hit because of your beliefs (Or lack of even), or would you fight back? I would.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yes, I have faith in what I believe in ( Romans 5:1  Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
    2  through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.
    3  Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance;
    4  perseverance, character; and character, hope.
    5  And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.),

but you have to realize this guy was asking for it.

However, I do agree that the attacker was out of line, as you said, hat was a very un-Christian thing to do,
  • elitebearelitebear Join Date: 2002-05-29 Member: 696Members
    its funny legion because thats the key verse that i accepted for the year 2002
  • DunsbyDunsby Join Date: 2002-08-01 Member: 1042Awaiting Authorization
    It wasnt out of order. IT WAS SO FUNNY!
  • LegionnairedLegionnaired Join Date: 2002-04-30 Member: 552Members, Constellation
    Some sort of resolution, elite? Cool, it's a good verse to know, I used it in a teaching 2 weeks ago.
  • elitebearelitebear Join Date: 2002-05-29 Member: 696Members
    yeah, in my church everyone pretty much takes in one verse to think about throughout the whole year, although every week we have testimony writing and sharing about a key verse from a passage
  • GobyWanGobyWan Join Date: 2002-02-22 Member: 234Members
    Some Christians will do very un-Christian things in the name of their beliefs. Many, many professed Christians are complete hypocrites.

The challenge is to have your faith, whatever it is, and not to a) attack other people for having a different faith, and b) go against your faith in the name of your faith (Spanish Inquisition, anyone?).

I wouldn't have beaten up the Satan guy, but I would have made fun of him for being a #######, and I would probably have pointed out to him that there are people who are willing to viciously beat you for contradicting the Christian faith.