Ns_origin

SDJasonSDJason Join Date: 2003-05-29 Member: 16841Members
edited May 2004 in Fan-Fiction Forum
<div class="IPBDescription">ALien Fan Fic</div> Part 1.

We sensed it, they were coming.
Already we could feel it, heard them through the walls of the station, we sensed them, we could feel thier anger..and thier fear.
They were coming back to take what they believed was rightfully thiers, however they were wrong. They were not ready for what we had become. What was once a research experiment had turned into a great hive mind. We prepared our defenses, and stockpiled our resources. We hatched more entities for better defenses, and began scouting a location for a second hive. Already we could hear the doors opening, the grunting of marines entering an unfamiliar environment. The clang of the commandchair as the human leader powered up the station. With a whirr, and a buzz, the lights came on. The marines were here, the battle had begun. It was us, verses them. I looked at myself, at my brethren, i could feel them all, just as they could feel me. I could feel the pain in the bacterium as the marines trod over it to cap thier first resource node. I felt the cry of my brethren Rhamthock, as the marines took potshots at him. I let out a roar of fury, frantic to hatch. I had a job to accomplish. The creator's had come, and it was time for us to show them what we had become. We were above them, we were a greater species, we were just as they had engineered us to be.... perfect. I could feel the hive mind surging through my veins, and i knew it was time. The hive thought flowed through me, i was both a seprate entity, and a completely dependent thinker. My thoughts were limited, my actions almost fully controlled and directed by the hive. I was the hive, the hive was me. Our time had come. I could hear the generators powering up, soon the station would be operational, and the confrontations would begin. I knew what i had to do, we needed a second hive, this was my task, my sole purpose. The hive mind had spoken, and with a mighty roar, i hatched from my egg, the shell desintegrating around me, and i immediately waddled off into the station, in search of an appropriate room for establishing another hive to fight of the marine menace........

As i waddled from Biodome through the vents towards a room unknown, i could feel the marines, i could feel the enemy. Trodding on bacterium, they were giving themselves away.
Laughingly, i chuckled at myself, these marines had no idea what we had in store for them. I heard Rhamthorne's thoughtspeak in my head, telling me that the hive mind needed a second hive, and i must hurry with my task. I began waddling faster, searching for an appropriate room, this was my job, my task. I must complete it, i was waddling, waddling, looking, searching, when all of the sudden, i became aware of voices.....

The bacterium had not spread to this area of the ship, and without realizing it, i had stumbled in blind. I could hear them in the next room, the furnace room, the lava had blocked thier building noises until i was nearly on top of them. I immediately informed the hive mind of my predicament. And all aliens headed for my position. Like strands in a web all headed for its center, i could feel them coming as fast as they could, but would they make it in time to save me.

I froze and stood there, i heard the sounds of building completions, and knew that any second they would step around the corner and blast me. Footsteps, rounding the curb, i backed further into the corner, this was it, i could hear thier voices, but i could not understand thier crude language. About to be blasted by a human, and nothing i could od about it. I prepared a wad of spit, determined to go down fighting.

The first thing i saw was the barrel of a shotgun come nonchalantly around the corner, apparently they did not think anything was on this side of the ship, else thier formation would have been tighter. The first marine, holding the shotgun, appeared to be in charge, his armor was slightly thicker than average, and he had a large authoritative look about him. The other two were your average grunts, minus the shotgun, and thier guns were holstered. I had to catch myself from releasing my spit into the shotgunner, noticing that it would take several shots just to penetrate that thick armor of his.

At first they did not notice me, and continued walking, but, i believe thier puny human noses could smell my fear scent, as rediculous as it may seem, and the leader turned, pointing his shotgun at me. He exclaimed somthing of surprise, though im not sure what it was, he took several steps towards me, and i grinned to myself, i knew it was too late, wadding up my spit, i took aim at one of the lesser grunts, and prepared to unleash, knowing full well that the marines were doomed.

The second i released my spit, a skulk dropped from the ceiling, decapitating the other grunt just as my spit struck the first grunt. it was now down to me and the shutgunner leutenant. Aaah, the beauties of telepathy, never underestimate it when co-ordinating pinpoint accuracy strategics....

The leutenant whirled around and capped my brethren in the back, exploding him into several large chunks. I could feel his pain in my head, but my isolators blocked out the hive mind and its pain momentarily, long enough for me to spit again.....

I struck the shutgun square in the barrel, knocking it from the leutenants hands, and without hesitating, he pulled out his pistol, aimed it at me, and fired... Time began to move in slow motion, i could hear the bullet coming at me, but also i could hear the skulk to my left, leaping to intercept... he knew, as well as i, and the hive mind, that i was more important than anyone, he sacraficed his life to save me, the bullet striking his uncarapaced stomach fully and completely, but he stopped the bullet, thereby saving me.

The leutenant prepared to unleash another barrage, but it was too late, three more skulks dropped from the ceiling and tore him to peices. Amid his screams, i heard the laughter of my brethren, we would show these marines who is boss. And eventually, we would slaughter them all!

Thanking my brethren skulks, i waddled into furnace room, this would be a perfect place for a hive, i prepared to build, when i noticed that there was a marine res structure in the corner. It appears these marines seeked to gain an early foothold. My three brethren bodyguard skulks quickly disposed of that devil machine, and i dropped the hive, in a bit, we would have the ability to wipe out the marines, once and for all......

To be continued...

P.S. im writing this in response to my Last stand at hera station, this is the alien story...

~Jason

Comments

• AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    edited May 2004
    Paragraphs are your friend, not your enemy.

Story concept is interesting, but it's told very quickly and lacks detail.
  • Once_OnlyOnce_Only Join Date: 2004-05-15 Member: 28700Members
    I like it.

If you want a more alien sort of read, i'd suggest getting rid of all the names and ns terms 'capping' nodes 'command chair' 'luitenant' I like the bit where the gorge disconnects from the hive mind.

Also, stick a little more with the superiroity factor you had going. I like how the alien speaks of himself so highly.

'We hatched more entities for better defenses'
    How about - 'The hive mother gave birth to its sons and daughters in preperation for this moment'