Clan match question

EatsEats Join Date: 2002-10-24 Member: 1582Members
How long does a match generally take?  A map does end when a team destroys the CC/last hive and all the aliens/marines right?  You don't just score a point or something.  

I would expect a clan match to be 2 rounds, 1 clan aliens 1st round, switch to marines the next(similar to tfc and I imagine cs as well.(I'd be surprised if it wasn't true for cs))  But how long could a match take then?  Cause in a game like tfc you can set a round length and then look at which team has the most points.  But in ns it seems like you couldn't and a match could potentially take upwards of 2 hours.  Also the risk for overtime seems higher since if one team gets a bad start its like an rts and they could lose before theys started because only 1 point is needed to win.

Unless I'm totally wrg how ns works, it might be on a round system as well, just RTS games never have been before.

Comments

• Res1Res1 Join Date: 2002-08-18 Member: 1187Members
    I've heard the games generally take an average of 30-60 minutes, but at the maximum could last 2+ hours.  This makes for quite a problem in match play, because if you have 1 game as alien and 1 game as marine it could be a very long match.  And if there was a tie, how would you decide who got to be marine/alien o_O.  

The only way I could see this being solved is to just play it RTS style, 1 round and whoever wins the round wins. But then you have to decide who gets to be marine and who gets to be aliens.  Well there are a number of ways you could do this, ie... Highest rank clan gets to choose what they want to be or Home team = alien  away team = marines or any other kind of way.

When marine vs marine and alien vs alien get implemented it will be much better for match play.

EDIT: "A map does end when a team destroys the CC/last hive and all the aliens/marines right?  You don't just score a point or something."

I believe there are different settings you can have for a server.  The map could end when u destroy the last cc/hive/marine/alien, or the map could keep going if the timelimit for the map hasn't been come to an end, so another game would just start.  I don't believe there are any points for teams.