Demo Commander Mode

Dead_ManDead_Man Join Date: 2004-03-19 Member: 27417Members
Hey
Is there anyway to demo commander mode...?
I.E. talking about where your a spectator?
It would be realy helpfull for looking at games from wars

Comments

• ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    If you do "record <filename>" in the console and you hop into a command chair the demo will record the com view too.

(Its a bit buggy when I do it though, weird artifacts)

Though you probably mean seeing what the commander does, like from the spectator view, right?
  • Dead_ManDead_Man Join Date: 2004-03-19 Member: 27417Members
    Yes, I want to demo the COMMANDER view, while in the SPECTATOR mode
  • ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    As far as I know (and plenty of ppl know more) that is not possible...
    Hmmmm...well...is there any way to demo a game from ever angle so we can get a good overview of us playing?
  • surprisesurprise Join Date: 2003-01-16 Member: 12382Members, Constellation
    if you need it to analyze your clans play, the only possibility would be to record a hltv demo

its a bit tricky though and im not quite sure if you can watch the comm in hltv demos
    Can any1 link me to a site on how the F*** to work HLTV?
  • NaxoNaxo Join Date: 2003-04-10 Member: 15385Members, Constellation
    The _only_ way is to make your comm record a first-person demo, and still, the demo will be kinda "buggy" as said above.
  • MastodonMastodon Old Fogie Join Date: 2003-01-09 Member: 12052Members, Constellation
    I think some sites have Commander demos for your perusal. I would check around.