I'm Having Some Problems With Natural Selection 3

Inventive_SoftwareInventive_Software Join Date: 2004-03-23 Member: 27498Members
Hi there. It's my first post, so I'm a little nervous!

Firstly, I want to say congratulations to the Natural Selection team on such a great Mod for Half-Life. It is one of the best I have ever played. Version 2 is great, as it is so involving. It takes teamplay to a new level.

Back to the topic... I have a problem installing Natural Selection 3. It says I need Steam to install. I have downloaded the Steam installer, but to no avail will Steam or Natural Selection 3 install. My computer that I want to play Natural Selection 3 on does NOT have an internet connection.

Please help. I shall be eternally grateful as I want to see how NS 3 has improved from NS 2.

Comments

• ShockehShockeh If a packet drops on the web and nobody's near to see it... Join Date: 2002-11-19 Member: 9336NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Hi Inventive,

So you haven't managed to get Steam to install, or is it already up & running? If that's the case, you'll need to resolve that first & get Steam to the point you can play regular HL on it (a daunting task on it's own) before you'll be able to get anywhere.

- Shockeh
  • Inventive_SoftwareInventive_Software Join Date: 2004-03-23 Member: 27498Members
    Yeah, I can't seem to get Steam to install at all. I don't know what to do about it, I have looked on the internet to find a solution to my Steam problems, but I can't find anything useful.

Is there another topic related to Steam problems that I can search?

Inventive Software
  • Jabba_The_HuntJabba_The_Hunt Join Date: 2003-01-05 Member: 11850Members
    You could try the forums at www.steampowered.com

btw if your trying to install steam without an internet connection it wont work, it requires an internet connection to register you account.
  • Inventive_SoftwareInventive_Software Join Date: 2004-03-23 Member: 27498Members
    Damn, all I wanted to do was play it on a LAN.

OK, I'll try the Steam forums. Maybe they'll help.
  • Act_ChillAct_Chill Join Date: 2003-04-24 Member: 15816Members
    I thought you needed to be connected to the internet???
  • TestamentTestament Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4037Members
    You can't play on LAN without an internet connection with STEAM...ironic, eh?
  • MintmanMintman Join Date: 2003-05-30 Member: 16866Members
    You can now, you just need to have connected to the internet at some point for Steam to register itself properly and stuff.
  • Nemesis_ZeroNemesis_Zero Old European Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 75Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    There's a way of starting NS 3.0 in WON LAN, although it'll be a little complicated in your case:
    Find a friend with internet connection and a CD burner. Ask him to install Steam and NS 3.0. Copy the 'nsp' directory found in the 'SteamApps/<E-Mail-adress>/Half-Life'-folder onto CD. Copy it into your WON installation on your PC. Have fun.

In any case, all further issues regarding this have to be taken up to the Steam forums, so I'll <span style='color:red'>***lock***</span> this before the Steam bashing rolls in.
This discussion has been closed.