Hammerfall

greyfox5greyfox5 Join Date: 2002-02-14 Member: 217Members
edited March 2004 in Off-Topic
This band....is great...I just cant find any of thier songs! They LIST them for FREE on thier website, so it isnt illegal or anything. I even contacted the leader of the band. He said that the servers hosting the music are down, but he said he would love for me to listen to them. They like sharing thier music worldwide, they arent very popular, but thier music is deep (Pertaining to the Knights of old, and chivalry, glory to heros and such)

<a href='http://www.hammerfall.net/download/audio/' target='_blank'>http://www.hammerfall.net/download/audio/</a>

I need some help finding a few (heavy) ones before I decide and order a few of thier albums. This music is great...its like heavy metal, some soft metal, and a great singer all combined.

Meh, some lyrics from thier song "Heading the Call"

Heeding The Call, one and for all
never surrender, with glory we´ll fall
Brothers unite, let´s stand up and fight
fulfilling our fate, we are
Heeding The Call

One step ahead, revealing the past
united, together we stand
The call of the thunder, the sign to begin
this final crusade we will win

Comments

• PalmaneenPalmaneen Join Date: 2003-01-02 Member: 11727Members
    Not very popular? They are like the biggest metalband here in Sweden. Not that I listen to this kind of music, but yes, they are good.
  • Cereal_KillRCereal_KillR Join Date: 2002-10-31 Member: 1837Members
    hmm, I 'll try this later whenever I'll decide to get realmedia, but is this anything like Sonata Arctica? Nightwish? Stratovarius? (btw, all 3 of these bands are great)
  • GWARGWAR Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2297Members, Contributor
    I rather like it... the singer reminds me of iron maiden at times....
  • OttoDestructOttoDestruct Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7790Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Cereal_KillR+Mar 20 2004, 06:04 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Cereal_KillR @ Mar 20 2004, 06:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> hmm, I 'll try this later whenever I'll decide to get realmedia, but is this anything like Sonata Arctica? Nightwish? Stratovarius? (btw, all 3 of these bands are great) <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Just google for Real Alternative, free codecs from source forge for real media, no need to download the player.
  • greyfox5greyfox5 Join Date: 2002-02-14 Member: 217Members
    yeah but the download links (or the streaming link) is gone
  • AllUrHiveRblong2usAllUrHiveRblong2us By Your Powers Combined... Join Date: 2002-12-20 Member: 11244Members
    Well they aren't exactly hard to find on any P2P.

And just in case anyone is wondering, this is the kind of music you can headbang to, but not the kind of music one can really dance too, so all you power-metalheads out there might wanna just pass this one up and go back to listening to Wizard and Rhapsody.
  • CobyCoby Join Date: 2002-11-11 Member: 8210Members
    Sock-metal, jesus-metal, power-metal, it's all the same and Hammerfall belongs into this category. I spit at the general direction of anyone saying Hammerfall is heavy-metal. It's very much the same as Freedom Call or Stratovarius.
  • TestamentTestament Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4037Members
    edited March 2004
    Hammerfall isn't popular? I thought they were...at least in the metal community. They're pretty awesome, though. Grats on finding them.

"And just in case anyone is wondering, this is the kind of music you can headbang to, but not the kind of music one can really dance too, so all you power-metalheads out there might wanna just pass this one up and go back to listening to Wizard and Rhapsody." How can anyone stand Rhapsody? Good music, horrible lyrics and vocalist, and that one video they did made me lose any respect for them...ugh.