Hl.wad?

DEADscottDEADscott Join Date: 2003-03-29 Member: 15022Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">IM LOST.......</div> Hi, I have made simple NS maps before. I use hammer and zoners compile tools. I now run Steam. I can make a map using the NS and NS2 .wads. But I want to use the gravel texture from the halflife.wad.

Since the Halflife wad isnt in my steamapps/myemail@somewhere/halflife/nsp folder, I copyed it from my old Sierra folder and dropped it into my NSP folder. I added it to my texture wads in hammer, shut down and started hammer backup again but there where no HL textures. To test I removed my NS and NS2 wads and just opened a new map with the hl.wad. Still no textures. I downloaded the wad again thinking mine might be corrupt, 7.5MB, still no good. I tried puttin it in my steam////valve folder still no good.

I want to use the old halflife wad in my NS map, what am I doing wrong?
Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2004
    halflife.wad is virtually located in the valve folder (I think) and every mod has acces to this folder (sprites, models, sounds, wads etc..) Ah well I have a weird folder combo myself... My old half-life map under sierra. And the steam dir structure.

I just added the old halflife.wad to the list and it worked

You could also use <a href='http://www.telefragged.com/wally/' target='_blank'>wally</a> and copy paste the texture you want in your own *.wad

<span style='color:gray'>ns_yourmapname.wad or co_yourmapname.wad</span>
  • DEADscottDEADscott Join Date: 2003-03-29 Member: 15022Members, Constellation
    Not for me.........mmm....weird.
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    edited February 2004
    scott, its in teh .gcf files you can either get a gcf un packer, or download teh wad from <a href='http://home.tu-clausthal.de/~ifjka/halflife_wad.zip' target='_blank'>here</a>
  • DEADscottDEADscott Join Date: 2003-03-29 Member: 15022Members, Constellation
    Thanks Confused, I got the wad from your link and it works now. Thanks again.