Sadly Another Steam Problem

XodlikeXodlike Join Date: 2003-06-03 Member: 16985Members
<div class="IPBDescription">=( different from others</div> Well anyways, no errors, nothing weird.
It simply wont do anything. It ends up in processes taking up 10,000k.

Comments

• ScytheScythe Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 46NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver
    Your best bet is to just <b>WAIT</b>.

When steam appears to be not responding it's usually doing something to it's cache. Just let it be for a while. Have patience.

--Scythe--
  • XodlikeXodlike Join Date: 2003-06-03 Member: 16985Members
    Erhm...if I wait it simply disappears from processes automatically.
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    as in the program just disapears?

like including from the system tray (opposite side of the start menu)

Suggestion:

Open Steam and litteraly just leave it (don't open the task manager or anything)
    I did that...for 3 hours lol.
    It does nothing to the start menu...
    Sadly I dont want my hard-worked skills of NS to go to nothing,
    So I am Formating my whole comp.
  • KezeiKezei Join Date: 2003-09-23 Member: 21127Members, Reinforced - Gold
    I take it that you have tried uninstalling it, then removing the Steam folder (and any contents that wasn't removed) then installing it before you bother to reformat your comp?
    Alright, I have to bumb this back as the problem consists.
    Even after going to DOS and typing Format C:, reinstalling a fresh copy of XP, the problem still persists.
  • LumpyLumpy Join Date: 2003-08-20 Member: 20026Members
    Download a different steam install file and use it to install?
    It doesnt seem to be the install file...the problem is with my account most likely.
  • SiliconSilicon Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13683Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Xodlike+Feb 7 2004, 12:48 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Xodlike @ Feb 7 2004, 12:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> It doesnt seem to be the install file...the problem is with my account most likely. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    weird problem, could try the forums at: <a href='http://www.steampowered.com' target='_blank'>http://www.steampowered.com</a>