Mech Army.

Comments

• Bill_DoorBill_Door Join Date: 2003-01-04 Member: 11792Members
    <span style='color:green'>*I spot spark's meck powering up as I enter the hanger*
    "Dammit, whats sparks doing? we still got meet the damn informant"
    *Runs over to mech, clambers in and powers up the radio*
    "Hey! Sparks! Whats up? Why are you leaving so soon?"</span>
  • 343_guilty_spark343_guilty_spark Join Date: 2003-06-18 Member: 17462Members
    edited March 2004
    <span style='color:purple'>"What's not up ? I got the informant here, but he has pictures of incoming UEN tanks, we gotta get out of here, where is everyone ?"</span>

<i>3 Planes fly above before swirling round, they fire a storm of machine gun shells at a large mech coming into the ranch, the mech was caught of guard by the sudden attack, it started smokign badly before exploding when the planes came round again.</i>

<span style='color:purple'>"CRAP !" He fires 5 shots at the planes, who weren't ready for immediate return fire, one got shot in the rear and crashed outside the ranch.</span>

<i>Hank paused and listened to the firing sounds.
    "What the hell?" He runs outside and sees the planes.
    "Quick jump in your mech ! We got a show down !"
    Hank runs into the back, grabbing his helmet on the way and putting it on, he starts climing into his mech. </i>
  • xectxect Join Date: 2002-11-24 Member: 9807Members
    edited March 2004
    <span style='color:chartreuse'>"Simple matter to consider Hank. My controls aren't wired. Guess you'll have to have fun getting shot alone. Unless you happen to still have that hammer around."</span>
    <span style='color:green'>"Ah bloody hell..."
    *I jack in and power up my mech*</span>
    <i>"Good point, well the only problems with the controls is the radar, the repair system and the targetting computer." Hank says before getting into his mech and starting it up then switching on the missile launcher, the garage door opens and he walks outside where he targets a plane and fires two missiles, they lock on and destory the plane.
    "Too easy."</i>

<span style='color:green'>As the mech powers up the screen displays a incoming plane firing at you, most shots were reflected, you returned fire, a shot smashed through the cockpit window, killing the pilot inside, the plane swirled hard and landed outside ranch where it blew up.</span>
    <span style='color:chartreuse'>"The 'only' problem. Oh well, guess I'll have to live with that."

*starts moving.*</span>
    <span style='color:green'>"Dammit! they've got CAS. I suggest we leave. NOW!"
    *Double times it out of the hanger, looking for targets*</span>
    <span style='color:chartreuse'>
    He hears two more planes fly over before a explosion can be heard nearby, it may just be the explosion but he can hear a slight humming/chopping noise.</span>

<span style='color:green'>His wish for targets was granted as two more planes, slightly more bulky, flew over heard firing volleys of rockets at confused people, they swirl round and face him.</span>

<i>People start running inside for cover, those with combat Walkers switch them on and start firing at the planes, one of them was instantly downed with the storm of bullets.</i>
    <span style='color:chartreuse'>*checks radio is working*

{radio}"Hey, squad, are you here? Can you get me up to date on what's going on here?"</span>
    <span style='color:green'>"No bloody idea, boss..."
    [Targets the surviving attack aircraft and opens fire]
    "...but it looks like the fast-movers are out in force"</span>
    <span style='color:chartreuse'>"Aw crap, do they HAVE to attack when my 'chine is stripped? Oh well, they'll have to live with living a few seconds longer."

*Walks mech out of hanger, joining the frey, shooting at whatever hostile craft is in the vicinity. If someone decides to pull out the seismic tank, I jump out of the way, getting behind cover. If not, I shoot like there's no tomorrow.*</span>
    edited March 2004
    <span style='color:green'>[The plane is destoryed before he manages to lock on.]</span>

<span style='color:chartreuse'>[He destorys the remaining plane as he comes out the hanger, it lifts up hard before exploding in the air, Hank gives you a private radio message.
    "Yo, we got guys coming in from the south in medium assualt tanks, there is a little too much on my plate here."</span>
    <span style='color:green'>"Great. Can rush... Anyone spot any crunchies? Or do we not have to worry 'bout AT teams?"
    *Moves towards the south, scanning for targets*
    "Spark, you leaving yet? If not, why not? Get that SoB outta here!"</span>
    <span style='color:purple'>"Moving back to base."
    Switches on the cloaking device and starts heading out of the ranch, avoiding all the large mechs and dodging any gun fire.
    "You two coming ?"</span>
  • NuubNuub Join Date: 2004-01-05 Member: 25059Members
    <span style='color:gold'>"Hey guys, dont leave me behind!"
    *Hops in to mech and powers it up*
    "Damn, leave something for me!"
    *Activates cloak and starts running after others*</span>

<b>Errr... been little out. Internet got disconnected for a while</b>
    <span style='color:green'>"I got a plan. Nuub, Spark, make a run for home; Xect, gimme a status report; Everyone else is with me. Delaying action.</span>
    <b>That is, if there is anyone else and the unit commander doesn't mind.</b>
    <span style='color:chartreuse'>"As long as it doesn't involve running and hiding, leaving this place to die *cough*, I'm all ears. My mech isn't really in top shape, since I was half-way through a control fix, but the guns should still release slugs."</span>
    <span style='color:green'>muttered "Guess I have to re-designate that plan B..."
    firmly "OK, Xect, get on the comms to base, call in a large scale attack and request immediate support. Nuub, get over here. Anyone know where Zero and Khan are? And what freq we need to get on to get some resembelance of comunication between everyone who just happens to be armed and ready?"
    *I Snap off transmit and switch on stealth. I start advancing on the enemy armour*
    "Anyone got a can-opener..."</span>
    <span style='color:green'>He exits the base and moves a few meter before the cloaking system switches of, the HUD shows it's being jammed, on the horizon you can make out rows of black specs, shells start firing infront of you by artillery.</span>

<span style='color:purple'>"How about me and nuub return to base while you two help these guys out ?"
    He walks to the outside of the base where his cloak suddenly dies out.
    "That can't be good."</span>
    <span style='color:gold'>"Yes sir! Im right behind ya. We'll cut through them like hot knife through butter... I hope"</span>
    edited March 2004
    <span style='color:chartreuse'>"Guess this is what they call trouble. Hold them back, I'll get whatever backup I can"

*Calls G.A.C. base, requesting immidiate backup.*

*Starts cycling through all the frequencies that he knows mechriders from the ranch are using, telling them to switch to the public G.A.C. radio frequency. At the same time, he picks up his cellphone and starts calling all bars, mech workshops and private mechriders he knows, talking on the radio any second he has his mouth free, summoning all the available mech power in the ranch*

*Once he's done with that, he starts using his cellphone to call everyone he knows outside the ranch who could summon firepower. Mechriders, gangs, friendly mercenary companies*

*Once all that is complete, walks mech through the streets, looking for enemies inside the ranch walls.*</span>
    edited March 2004
    <span style='color:green'>GAC pubilc freq "We got incoming arty. Can anyone counterbatt?"
    squad comms "Spark, Xect, Nuub, get the package outta here. Fight your way out if you have to. As soon as Sparks clear I'll need everyone I can so come back in one piece, OK?"
    *Starts trying to evade the artilery fire*
    GAC public freq "This is Reaper, arty units report callsigns, over."</span>
    <span style='color:chartreuse'>"No way I'm leaving. This place is the closest thing I have to a home, and it holds the closest thing I have to friends. If it goes down, I'll lose it all. Not to mention, the people here are a good source of income."</span>
    <span style='color:green'>Squad freq "You got working ranger and compass? You know how to call arty strikes?"</span>
    <span style='color:chartreuse'>"Uhm, yeah. First you need some artillery strikes to call. I don't know about you, but my mech doesn't have any."</span>
    <span style='color:chartreuse'>
    The message goes through to the GAC.
    "Roger that aerial support on the way, expect reinforcements within 7 minutes."
    People switch to the GAC radio frequency, he only manages to call 3 people before the signal is jammed.
    No enemies were seen within the walls.</span>

<span style='color:green'>He pulls back into the ranch to avoid fire, a voice from the GAC base speaks to him. "Get a visual of the area you want to have bombed and we'll send bombers along with the reinforcements."</span>

<span style='color:purple'>"Me and nuub make a break for it now ?"</span>
    <span style='color:green'>*Snaps a pic of the enemy positions and relays it to command*
    GAC freq "Command, visual sent. Get those bombers here ASAP. out."
    Squad freq "Sparks, Nuub, wait for airstrikes, then go. Use the confusion. Xect, I was hoping there was at least one person in this ranch with the capability for some indirect support, Failing that, I wanted someone who can call in any arty or air support we are assigned as part of the relief force."
    GAC freq "All friendlies on this channel, this is Reaper. Call in callsigns and weapons so I can co-ordinate this defence."</span>
    <span style='color:gold'>"This is getting chaotic... Wish we had napalm here now, a LOT of napalm. Hope those bombers arrive soon, we cant hold this place forever. Sparks, Ill cover you."</span>
    <i>"Ok we see the targets, airstrike is up and away, ETA 4 minutes." Calls the person on the airstrike channel.

"Some one care to tell me what the hell is going on? Who the hell is ?" A Mech pilot says over the channel.
    Two mechs explode near the outer reach of the ranch, there is a moment confusion, suddenly three mechs uncloak bearing the logo of the UEN, they open fire at the ranch.</i>

<span style='color:purple'>He jet packs into the air and closes the gap, he then lands and fires 10 shots at the middle mech, most of the slugs hit the leg, the leg suddenly gave way as the mech toppled over, he runs bacl behind cover.</span>

<i>They both start splitting up, a missile volley destorys the one of them, the remaining one fires at Bill with its LMG, the shells hit the main body of the mech before the gun runs out on it.</i>
    <span style='color:green'>[Snaps a burst off to the nearest enemy cockpit]
    "Massive UEN attack; what else does it look like?"</span>