Ns_eclipse_final - 18 shots

KungFuSquirrelKungFuSquirrel Basher of MuttonsMembers, NS1 Playtester, Contributor Join Date: 2002-01-26 Member: 103Posts: 2,175
Woohoo!
You've seen some of these areas before, but these are the finalized versions:

Comments

• RamsesRamses Members Join Date: 2002-05-21 Member: 642Posts: 624 Advanced user
    G R E A T !
    Seriously, I love the somewhat "clean" mood in the pictures.
  • ChromeAngelChromeAngel Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 14Posts: 2,677
    The inconsistant infestation in the hive rooms spoils it for me :(
    image - Marines VS Aliens - Public Beta Download
  • Right_Behind_YouRight_Behind_You Members Join Date: 2002-04-23 Member: 501Posts: 339
    Tasty... I love the clean look, its a feeling the station was only recently attacked.
    user posted image
    Credit for my avatar -
  • GreedoGreedo Bounty Hunter Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 37Posts: 2,579
    Quote (KungFuSquirrel @ Sep. 25 2002,14:24)
    You've seen some of these areas before, but these are the finalized versions

They had better be, and the rest of the map, too.  Eclipse looks great, and every version I've played has played great.  I have no doubts that this map will continue to be great, and if I could just say 'great' one more time, it would be great.  :D
    Confucious says, "It is most difficult to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat."
    --Level Designer for hire--
  • SlycasterSlycaster Limited Edition Members, NS1 Playtester Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 24Posts: 2,301 Advanced user
    Finally! The final of eclipse! Oh how i have waited for this day.

[Edit] - I love you KFS. *me bakes KFS a cake*

Cyanide
  • infiinfi Members Join Date: 2002-07-07 Member: 891Posts: 190
    wow sweet dude :D I love you... err your map!
    user posted image
    user posted image
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, SpainMembers, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Posts: 4,177 Advanced user
  • JediYoshiJediYoshi The Cupcake Boss Members Join Date: 2002-05-27 Member: 674Posts: 4,833 Advanced user
    Whoa, such a scary labyrinth, I hope I never find myself walking alone in there...
    zGVPR2v.gif
  • RhoadsToNowhereRhoadsToNowhere i r 8 Members Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 33Posts: 1,625
    Simple recipe for pwnage:
    One (1) copy of the map NS_Eclipse.

That's it.

Oh, and I suppose you might actually want NS to play it on, but it's still great just to stare at.  :)
  • BattousaixBattousaix Members Join Date: 2002-06-25 Member: 822Posts: 1,318
    You have outdone yourself :p......... YOU ####### GIVE ME YOOOO SKILLZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!! :D
    I love the looks of this map, and all the pts say it has a nice gameplay. I totally loved the way you changed the lighting on the last builds, it looks better in this way, and it has a lot of detail, nice custom textures, and many many moreeee we love ya kfs :D.
    You have just joined the famous book of mapping leyends.....
    Sig images must be 400x75 pixels, 22kb, or smaller. No exceptions.
    I live no more to shame nor me nor you...
    And you... I wish I didn't feel for you anymore...
  • DoctorJuiceDoctorJuice Members, Constellation Join Date: 2002-02-13 Member: 212Posts: 101
    /me hugglez KFS
    Rawr...
  • realityisdeadrealityisdead Employed by Raven Software after making ns_nothing Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor Join Date: 2002-01-26 Member: 94Posts: 1,767
    Andrew, these shots are incredible. You've got such a professional touch on all areas... lighting, texturing, architecture. Really an amazing level. And I just love how much "glitter and shine" you've got in this build. Really boosted the visuals up yet another notch. Quite the feat.

Congrats on finishing the level, man. :)
    IPB Image
    Senior Game Designer - Raven Software

For the Disfigurement of Office Furniture:
    www.realityisdead.com
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Posts: 3,912 admin
    /me gives KFS cookies

Fantasic work, Andrew.  I really think you have it there, very professional and down right beautful to boot.  Amazingly done, and congrats on managing to finsh it, which, as I'm sure you know is no mean feat.
  • FreemantleFreemantle Members Join Date: 2002-06-16 Member: 783Posts: 907
    Wow. Let me pick up my eyeball. Not just because of eclipse, but the forums are so fast! In less than the second it took me to click my screen was filled with Eclipse goodness. Yum.
  • KobraKobra Members Join Date: 2002-06-09 Member: 744Posts: 98
    Simply beautiful, i love the feeling of modern technology and sterile inviroments. Just my kind of map, what can i say i love the atmosphere you get by looking at those awsome screenshots. If there is any map i'd long to play for ns it's this one. great work.
    user posted image
    Marine: Oh man that was pure luck!
    Alien: It was not! It's was a random act of skill.
  • ScytheScythe NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 46Posts: 4,372 mod
    Very^99 good.

Now the only thing I need is to dirty it up with marine blood. :-D

--Scythe--
    "Show me an operation that is running smoothly and I'll show you someone who's covering up mistakes. Real boats rock." - Frank Herbert
    image PAPT
  • JediYoshiJediYoshi The Cupcake Boss Members Join Date: 2002-05-27 Member: 674Posts: 4,833 Advanced user
    EGADS WATSON! Back from the dead...

I was just quickly wondering; How does the ready room for eclipse look like?
    zGVPR2v.gif
  • RivalRival Members Join Date: 2002-09-02 Member: 1264Posts: 40
    Beautiful, lovely, attractive, appealing, pleasing, pretty, fair, fine, nice, good-looking, delightful, charming, enticing, fascinating, admirable, rich, graceful, ideal, delicate, refind, elegant, well-formed... and so on

It'd take me a few hours to list all the adjectives... almost forgot... SWEET  :p
    user posted image
  • J1mmyZJ1mmyZ Members Join Date: 2002-09-09 Member: 1304Posts: 77
    GREAT MAP!  Just a few comments, I'm not sure about the wiring texture used in pic 4.  Its a good texture, but used to big on a big wall like that, makes it look a little cheesy.  Maybe using a few wires or pipes in front of it to give the wall a little depth would use the trick.  Otherwise....MMMMMmmmmmMMMM  :D
    user posted image
    Well...well.ll.eell... why don't you go milk some goats?
    /me laughs

I'm equal opritunity though
    zGVPR2v.gif
  • WaffleSpoonWaffleSpoon Members Join Date: 2002-01-30 Member: 133Posts: 293
  • Justin_CaseJustin_Case Members Join Date: 2002-08-08 Member: 1114Posts: 216
    Well this is certainly a very very attractive map, hope its as fun as it looks
  • MoleculorMoleculor Namer-of-Bob Members Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 9Posts: 3,694 Fully active user
  • ZaziZazi Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor Join Date: 2002-05-26 Member: 672Posts: 491
    Mr. Weldon:  I love you.   :D
  • xMaD-MaNxxMaD-MaNx Members Join Date: 2003-11-03 Member: 22253Posts: 80
    Look great, but I notice that you moved SAA RT up so it's easy as hell for marines to cap and defend. I also saw that the vent was removed from south loop, and the RT removed. SL was usualy one of the RT's aliens capped.
    user posted image
  • NaigelNaigel Members, Constellation Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18376Posts: 651
    edited June 2004
    Hmm, everyone's so excited about the screens... well, I'm not...

-EDIT-

Thread started at 2002... WTH is the thread doing in front?
    IPB Image

- IPB Image Constellation member - naigel.nl - naturalselection.com - egir.dk -
  • xMaD-MaNxxMaD-MaNx Members Join Date: 2003-11-03 Member: 22253Posts: 80
    I hope that pitch black texture ontop of where eclips hive should go wont stay there.
    user posted image
  • WirheWirhe Members Join Date: 2003-06-22 Member: 17610Posts: 849
    I see that the station access RT has been returned to the original spot. wink.gif

Dunno has it any effect to gameplay, even though it gives marines an easy grasp of two RT's from the start.
  • ssjyodassjyoda Members, Squad Five Blue Join Date: 2002-03-05 Member: 274Posts: 877 Fully active user
    this topic is from 2002. those screens are from 2002. who the hell brought it back up.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The NetherlandsMembers, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Posts: 15,782 Advanced user
    edited June 2004
    meh

KungFuSquirrel Posted: Sep 26 2002, 10:24 AM marine.gif

Guardian of the "magic cookiejar" 

Retired forum Admin, I mostly used a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly

Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue | 102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting

This discussion has been closed.