Help: New Mx700 Owner

MrPinkMrPink Join Date: 2002-05-28 Member: 678Members
edited December 2003 in Off-Topic
Well, after reading through that last thread debating the MX700 mouse, should I install the software? If not, how do I program what the buttons on the mouse do? Will a new mouse affect my sensitivity in Half-Life? Also, Half-Life doesn't recognize one button (the program selector right below the mouse wheel) as a button, and it thinks the buttons right above and below the mousewheel are mousewheelup and mousewheeldown, is there any way to fix this?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Comments

• CForresterCForrester P0rk(h0p Join Date: 2002-10-05 Member: 1439Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin--MrPink+Dec 28 2003, 11:03 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (MrPink @ Dec 28 2003, 11:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Also, Half-Life doesn't recognize one button (the program selector right below the mouse wheel) as a button, and it thinks the buttons right above and below the mousewheel are mousewheelup and mousewheeldown, is there any way to fix this? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Without the software, that lower button is non-functional and doesn't work in Half-Life either way. And there is no way to "fix" the buttons above and below the scrollwheel, because they are connected to the scroll wheel. They do exactly the same thing, always. Pressing the lower one is exactly like moving the scroll wheel down.
  • airyKairyK Join Date: 2002-12-19 Member: 11126Members
    Well im not sure on how its possible to do, but i dont think the scroll up and down buttons are connected to the mouse wheel. in the image you can see that it will let you customize the button to do other things. the two customizable that i know of are the thumb buttons (mouse4 and 5 in halflife). check out this screen:
  • BeRzErKeRBeRzErKeR Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13691Members
    Erm. Can anyone have guess at why my mouse wheel is borked in Morrowind (acts as if holding a button down) and why it doesn't work at all with the Max Payne 2 and Unreal 2 XMP demos? I'm totally lost here.