Pc-zone (uk Pc Magazine Writeup)

NScombatNScombat Join Date: 2003-11-17 Member: 23043Members, Constellation
I'm not sure if anyone had posted this but the premier Uk games mag (imho) had a review of NS a month or so ago and give it a listing on it A-list of multiplayer mods recently. i am at work at the moment but can fax or give further details later if anyone is interested.

Comments

• MajinMajin Join Date: 2003-05-29 Member: 16829Members, Constellation
    Can you link it if possible?
  • NScombatNScombat Join Date: 2003-11-17 Member: 23043Members, Constellation
    Have looked on the Pc-zone website and it's not written up on it. I have Issue 137 (January 2004) in front of me. In that issue they have added it to the A-list which is a constently updated ranking of essential/classic games.

A-list quote >
    <b>"This superb Half-Life mod sees marines squaring off against the aliens in various sci-fi environments. With the marines working in teams and the aliens acting like mentalists, the variety in gameplay makes this a sure-fire winner.</b>

The full review was a month or so ago. I have the issue at home - will update this thread at the weekend (am Lan gaming tonight). My offer to fax it is still open if you want to read it in the flesh. Pc-Zone changed their scoring system a while back and very rarely give games high %'s. NS scored very highly and had a great review. It actually sucked me into playing NS after reading the review. I have been playing HL and its mods since days of yore and NS had never appealed to me before, infact I'm sure it probably would have but the team never got that hook into me; until I read the review...
  • twoflowtwoflow Singing Drunk Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 1950Members, Constellation
    They probably included that review to coincide with their server being reopened, which is always empty now, sadly. Hollar to the PCZ regulars!
  • ClashenClashen Join Date: 2003-08-22 Member: 20087Members
    They wrote about NS in <a href='http://www.superplay.se' target='_blank'>superplay</a> (swedens biggest gaming magazine) a while ago.
    I could try to find it, but i probably wont :/
  • Roger_DodgerRoger_Dodger Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14392Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Clashen Posted on Dec 19 2003, 10:39 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    They wrote about NS in superplay (swedens biggest gaming magazine) a while ago.
    I could try to find it, but i probably wont :/  <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hehe i love that keep it real tellin it how it is...

- RD
  • ShockehShockeh If a packet drops on the web and nobody&#39;s near to see it... Join Date: 2002-11-19 Member: 9336NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->They probably included that review to coincide with their server being reopened, which is always empty now, sadly. Hollar to the PCZ regulars!
    <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hmmm.... idea! (Runs off to PC Zone site)
  • SupernornSupernorn Best. Picture. Ever. Made. Ever. Join Date: 2002-11-07 Member: 7608Members, Constellation
    I scanned it in and showed Flayra a while back. NS 2.01 was given a score of 89% (it was the highest score of any game in that issue)