Windows 2000 User Settings

kwitcherbitchinkwitcherbitchin Join Date: 2002-12-19 Member: 11144Members
I'm starting to put everything together for a large LAN party at my high school and have run into some problems with Half-Life and its mods.
Because these are the school's computers we're using, we had to make new user accounts on all of them so nobody could get play during class in the few weeks before the LAN. On each computer, a restricted user account with username LAN was created. The games: Half-Life (and a bunch of its mods), Warcraft 3, and Ghost Recon were installed into the My Documents folder of the user LAN while logged on as Administrator. Full permissions were then given to the user LAN for these folders. Upon logging in as LAN, Warcraft 3 and Ghost Recon loaded right up, but when Half-Life was opened, nothing appeared to happen. It would not even show as a running process. When the user LAN was changed to a PowerUser account, Half-Life would run perfectly, but security problems arise with this since we are using the school's computers. Does anybody have any ideas of how to make a Restricted account able to run Half-Life (which resides in the LAN user's My Documents folder)?
By the way, all systems are running Windows 2000 Professional.

Thanks in advance for the help!