Need To Contact Admin From Lunixmonster

tanathostanathos Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4949Members
edited October 2003 in NS General Discussion
I was banned from the server 2 minutes ago because I F4ed. I know it is a bannable offense on the server... but I switch between servers so often that it slipped my mind this time (and I didn't F4 at the beginning of the game or anything : HA and sieges were knocking at the door !). I only realized my error once I saw : admin_command ban tanathos !

Since I know that some important people from the server browse here... I was simply wondering how to reach an operative.

Thanks in advance.

[Edited typos and such]

Comments

• NecrosisNecrosis The Loquacious Sage Join Date: 2003-08-03 Member: 18828Members, Constellation
    You know..... there's a contact email in the server MOTD, conveniently placed alongside the rules.
  • ForlornForlorn Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2634Banned
    I got banned, and I can't get unbanned, so if I were you don't even bother trying. You are just wasting your time.

On a more related note, go to #readyroom on gamesnet and get Lighting Blue's e-mail.
  • tanathostanathos Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4949Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Forlorn+Oct 19 2003, 04:18 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Forlorn @ Oct 19 2003, 04:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I got banned, and I can't get unbanned, so if I were you don't even bother trying. You are just wasting your time.

On a more related note, go to #readyroom on gamesnet and get Lighting Blue's e-mail. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yeah.. but it's my first ban in all my life of HL, so that's why I'm not happy about this.... altough I was in error. I'll use the contact you gave me. Thanks.
    <!--QuoteBegin--Necrosis+Oct 19 2003, 04:01 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Necrosis @ Oct 19 2003, 04:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> You know..... there's a contact email in the server MOTD, conveniently placed alongside the rules. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I switch between servers so often that it slipped my mind this time<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That and the fact it is 23:00 here didn't help! I'll contact that address if I can't reach the guy on gamesnet.
  • NecrosisNecrosis The Loquacious Sage Join Date: 2003-08-03 Member: 18828Members, Constellation
    So what happens at 11 pm? Its 5 30 for me, I still read fine, and the MOTD is still displaying, so I'm kind of baffled, heh.
    edited October 2003
    <!--QuoteBegin--Necrosis+Oct 19 2003, 04:42 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Necrosis @ Oct 19 2003, 04:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> So what happens at 11 pm? Its 5 30 for me, I still read fine, and the MOTD is still displaying, so I'm kind of baffled, heh. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I'm tired as hell. Used to be asleep at 22:00. Some of us have university to attend to !
  • roqaliciousroqalicious Join Date: 2003-01-07 Member: 11981Members
    Its just one server, no big deal...
    edited October 2003
    <!--QuoteBegin--pandas|RoQ+Oct 19 2003, 04:48 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (pandas|RoQ @ Oct 19 2003, 04:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Its just one server, no big deal... <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It's a reputed server, and I only play on those. THus far I had 3 servers on wich I played : CoFr, Voogru and Redphive. I recently added Linuxmonster. So for me it's a loss of 25%. I like to play with people I get to "know". There is a virtual friendship that form that is really comforting. And on that note : good night... be back tomorrow.
  • RedfordRedford Monorailcatfjord Join Date: 2002-04-28 Member: 528Members, NS1 Playtester
    LB is known to be a little... harsh. However, I can't do anything about it. Send LB a nice and apologetic email and he will listen to you. Do NOT send an email demaning you be unbanned because LB is a nazi admin.
  • TalesinTalesin Our own little well of hate Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7710NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators
    Also, I might consider joining the #readyroom channel on IRC if he is there. The ban may have been a temp, which auto-expires. And IIRC, isn't DXO the ban-dispute admin?

Regardless, the info is there. If there is difficulty with a server, utilize the contact information in the future, rather than posting here on the NS forums. It really isn't the place for it.

<span style='color:red'>*LOCKED.*</span>
This discussion has been closed.