Permission?

noobynooby Join Date: 2003-04-21 Member: 15717Members
edited September 2003 in Fan-Fiction Forum
<div class="IPBDescription">Will you allow?</div> I decided to do this post, slightly off-topic but relevant as I was repeating myself on every post I read. Please admin/mods don't delete. Will you story tellers/writers allow other tellers/writers to use ideas you come up with?, I don't mean wholesale copying. Just ideas to fit into or that can enhance others stories. The granting of permission means that if you use others ideas you should/have to acknowledge that use.

I grant permission to anyone who wishes to use ideas I have written, of course I will also give you a plug if I use yours. Hoping that you will reply in the affirmative, cheers.

Would/could this be a sticky type of post/topic?

Comments

• zoobyzooby Join Date: 2003-08-26 Member: 20236Members
    I think if the original author is notified, is properly attributed, and approves the use of his/her ideas, it will be ok.
  • ParhelionParhelion Join Date: 2003-05-29 Member: 16821Members, NS1 Playtester
    Given the already-stated criteria of notification (and permission) and some form of credit...I wouldn’t mind. The only extra factor is that I’d like them to use the idea in an original way, and they must be able to write well (I mean, proper spelling, punctuation, grammar etc). That’s just me though.
  • noobynooby Join Date: 2003-04-21 Member: 15717Members
    edited September 2003
    Thanks, although for non english speakers or english as a second language, punctuation, grammer can be a problem, spell checks are easy though.

EDIT:- the other reason for this post, I realised that by reading and being entertained by these Fan Fics, some cross over ideas were bound to occur and thought to allow authors to express their acceptance or denial before any mishap or name calling, etc, happened.

Thanks for reading and replying.