"ready To Play"

Cheez1Cheez1 Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12900Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Or is it...</div> Apparently all my games are "ready to play" or so steam says...

I click on any mod and get an infinit "Preparing to play <gamename>..."

The really odd part is my steam moniter shows that steam has been updating all day, all games, simultaneously, wha??

Apparently converting your old files over when you install does jack because it looks like steam thinks i have nothing in my cache folder.

perhaps i should just uninstall and re-install the steam version with HL and CS already cached :/

Why was the beta version so much more STABLE!

Comments

• NumbersNotFoundNumbersNotFound Join Date: 2002-11-07 Member: 7556Members
    Yeah tell me about it... i get the smae thing.. The games are downloaded and in teh steam folder, but they just give infinite starting messages.
  • Cheez1Cheez1 Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12900Members
    Wow looks like some were actually finished because i can play hl singleplayer now, as well as picochet and TFC... I guess i'll just let it go till it finishes.

Heh the new hl isnt really much, they put in some spooky mp3s now, but it really does add a lot to the game oddly enough.
  • Cheez1Cheez1 Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12900Members
    And finally it seems steam is done, i can play everything now.

Although steam really, REALLY seems to hate Opposing forces. In the beta it worked fine, now it seems it craches 1 out of every 2 times it loads something... :S