Need Help With Restarting Some Entities.

dignomedignome Join Date: 2003-08-04 Member: 18853Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
<div class="IPBDescription">File included for visual aid ;p</div> This comes from a map I am currently developing. My problem comes from a multimanager that continues to trigger events by time into the next round. Please take a look if you have any notion of how let these events reset for the next round and not mess up completely (ex:lights staying on or doors staying open). I got help on doing this with cs mapping but this is really starting to confuse me now. Thank you.

Please note that this is only to look at and will not compile or run. It does not contain the actual map, only the entities that I need help on reseting.

Comments

• dignomedignome Join Date: 2003-08-04 Member: 18853Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Almost have this one solved, need to know two things though.

1. When you use trigger_relay to target a multimanager at start and give it an off setting, will that stop the multimanager from running down it's number list from a previous round?

2. How do you set up a trigger_random so that it ONLY triggers on the official round start and not right when you start the map? One more thing about that, it only triggers a single multimanager but does it a few times it seems(I have it multithreaded)....what are the exact settings that would need to be, well, set given a multimanager name of 'startroom'.

Thank you for any help.
  • OlljOllj our themepark-stalking nightmare Fade Join Date: 2002-12-12 Member: 10696Members
    most round resets were fixed in the 2.0 .fgd , tried that?

For long time deelays try game_counter (a time counter with variable time) and game_counter_set (to change the time by triggers)

trigger reelays can be set to "remove (themself) on firing".

"multithreaded" only means it fires once for each player (client side) with makes almost no sense in ns.
  • dignomedignome Join Date: 2003-08-04 Member: 18853Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    I am using the 2.0 ns.fgd. What about trigger_random, how does one properly set that up to trigger a multimanager on round start, and only on round start? Or maybe there is a better entity to use for round triggering? Also I really really really need to know <---hint look at this - will a triger_relay (with trigger_state set to off) targeting a multimanager stop the multimanager from counting when the relay is triggered?

Game_counter would help if I knew it would stop counting from a pervious round, aka being reset.
    If you check multithreaded on a multimanager it's list can be run more than once and at the same time....client WTH?
    Would I want to remove a trigger_relay that I would need on the next round? Or do you mean it would come back on the next round?

One more thing, is it possible to detect a round ending. That would help me alot more than anything else.

This is entity mapping I'm talking about here, please be specific as I am confused easily ;p

Thank you though Ollj.