Admin Icons

13»

Comments

• ShockehShockeh If a packet drops on the web and nobody's near to see it... Join Date: 2002-11-19 Member: 9336NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I think I found a pattern to the admin icons working on my server. If I join while it's empty, it will show and stay even when people join until the map changes, then it doesn't work on the next map because other people joined before me.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Tested and confirmed. Same problem here.
  • TomperTomper Join Date: 2003-02-10 Member: 13365Members
    More error-reports: On my NS 2.0 server, running on a WinXP machine, the admin-icons are only displayed when the server is freshly started and on the very first map. As soon as the map changes, all icons dissappear.

Could it be that the server.cfg file isn't loaded between map-changes as it should.

Could there be an error with some HLDS versions? I run x.1.1.0 without any patch.
  • eagleceaglec Join Date: 2002-11-25 Member: 9948Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin--Tomper+Aug 26 2003, 12:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Tomper @ Aug 26 2003, 12:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> More error-reports: On my NS 2.0 server, running on a WinXP machine, the admin-icons are only displayed when the server is freshly started and on the very first map. As soon as the map changes, all icons dissappear.

Could it be that the server.cfg file isn't loaded between map-changes as it should.

Could there be an error with some HLDS versions? I run x.1.1.0 without any patch. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I think server.cfg is no longer supposed to be reloaded each map change but the variables are kept. The constelation icons and veteran icons work fine on our server tbh but the admin icons dont.

btw - I am sure you are aware that the x.1.1.0 needs a patch to fix the "script kiddie can crash the server at will" issue.
  • EvilGrinEvilGrin Join Date: 2002-11-04 Member: 6851Members
    w2k server. HLDS 4111d. CD in Required mode.

CD icons override any others.
  • snowsnow Join Date: 2003-08-26 Member: 20240Members
    edited August 2003
    i have the same problem but with a new twist. Whenever the op icons are there /stuck works. When they are not there /stuck doesnt work. I want my op icon's to show and am getting tired of no clipping stuck HA's.
    Any help would be great =)~

o yea constellation and veteran icons always appear i have no problems with them, one of my ops has the constellation icon, when the op icon works it will overide the constellation icon. If the op icons are not working the constellation icon will appear then......