Marine Hud

MacguyvokMacguyvok Godlike Fuzzydice Join Date: 2003-05-09 Member: 16162Members
edited July 2003 in Artwork Forum
<div class="IPBDescription">Need some help...</div> I've made a tweek to the Marine Hud... but I need some help. I put a locator dot on the MiniMap, but the way NS draws the Minimap, it's drawn ontop of the rest of the HUD sprite.... so it only showsup if there's not MiniMap... Look below for an explaination.

Anyone know how to change this?
MM.JPG 16.9K

Comments

• MausMaus Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 5599Members
    The minimap is drawn over the hud. You have two options, neither of which is guaranteed to work:

(1) Use indexalpha, with the main part of the map (the pale blue) using colour #255 in the palette, making it transparent.

(2) Use additive transparency for the minimap sprite.
  • MacguyvokMacguyvok Godlike Fuzzydice Join Date: 2003-05-09 Member: 16162Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Maus+Jul 2 2003, 10:02 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Maus @ Jul 2 2003, 10:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> The minimap is drawn over the hud. You have two options, neither of which is guaranteed to work:

(1) Use indexalpha, with the main part of the map (the pale blue) using colour #255 in the palette, making it transparent.

(2) Use additive transparency for the minimap sprite. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I tried #2

not sure how to do #1 (or how u meant I could do it....)