Ns_horizon readyroom

CallMessiahCallMessiah Join Date: 2002-06-24 Member: 813Members
While waiting for the feedback on the layout yesterday, I started on the readyroom and now, again after some work with the beloved paint, I present you with the first sreenshots of the Readyroom for ns_horizon.
As with most shots they are a little bit darker than in game and the signs are easier to read and not blurred (no, I don't have multiple layers).
I had to resize them to 80% to fit the filesize, so they might be blurred or something... looked fine on my computer though.
As always, any feedback is greatly appreciated

Oh, I forgot... the PLAINMET texture, I used on most stairs and some other things is a placeholder I use for almost everything until I find the texture I wanna use...

Comments

• CallMessiahCallMessiah Join Date: 2002-06-24 Member: 813Members
    Third and last... oh, by the way, the white dots under the sky is rain falling down which actually looks pretty cool ingame...
  • Doodle_BobDoodle_Bob Join Date: 2002-05-12 Member: 603Members
    I actually like it. But the one thing that struck me as odd is you have astro turf or grass or something for your ground.. I don't know if your map has some parts outside or what. Just from those shots it looks kinda funny.

:edit: I'm guessing it's just place holder..
  • Black_WolfBlack_Wolf Join Date: 2002-03-13 Member: 310Members
    hmmm, yeah the grass stuff is kinda weird, its overall good, but i would chuck in a few small different coloured lights . . . it will add a lot.
  • ChromeAngelChromeAngel Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 14Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    The Half-life glass in the windows above the observer entrance struck me.  There are some nice dirty glass textures in the NS.WAD.
  • WillowWillow Join Date: 2002-06-27 Member: 829Members
    Why don´t make the right window dirty and the left clean, then it will look like a semi-infested room. "Dirty" Alien´s to the right and "Clean" Human Marines to the right, also make some holes in the glass, like the glass was broken.
    Thanks for the feedback, as always...
    The grass actually isn't really a placeholder, the whole thing is supposed to be like a dorm with a small opening in the ceiling. Thats where the rain comes from as well.
    The alien Hallway has a green lightspot around the corner, just didn't come out at all with the white light shining into the hallway, but I already changed that. I was thinking about maybe doing some blue lighting in the marine corridor.
    I like the idea about the windows though, guess I should thought of continuing the clean/dirty look myself
    ANd by the way.. the grass and the glass come from the poke646.wad, to give credit to the creator, Mark Schröder... I didn't ask if could use them yet, so I guess, they are subject to change...
  • CyonProCyonPro Join Date: 2002-02-02 Member: 154Members
    Personally, I like the way you use the grass texture in the map... it was hard to tell what your true vision for the room was until I saw that opening in the cieling.

I agree with the others though, the windows need to be changed in some way so that they don't stand out so awkwardly.