A Question About The Zerglin

DogmeatDogmeat Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13571Members
I just downloadet the Zergling model for skulk. The model looks good as the skin too but the animations are crap. Not sure about the other animations but when it runs it looks just ugly. Is there another version of zergling?

Comments

• Lucid_MelodyLucid_Melody Join Date: 2003-02-20 Member: 13772Members
    Nope. The animations just suck. ****.
  • PFCNublarPFCNublar Join Date: 2003-04-23 Member: 15792Members
    there are only two. one, that is the orginal, and another, which was hacked by Psyco-Kinetic-Hyper-Geek.
    (did i spell that right?). the animation for running is supposed to represent the running gallop of the zergling in starcraft (if you have played the RTS). but its true, the bite animation sucks, and so does the running, but hell...thats the HL engine limits for ya.
  • DogmeatDogmeat Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13571Members
    I dont think that the zerg animations from arse are not caused by the HL engine. Howcome all the other models have nice animations but this model, which you propably will see the most ingame, is screwed up. If there is ever going to be a SC pack then this should be fixed.
  • coilcoil Amateur pirate. Professional monkey. All pance. Join Date: 2002-04-12 Member: 424Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    Beggers can't be choosers. If you can't do better, I'd suggest *politely* offering suggestions to improve it. No one's making you use the model, and the modeler didn't have to make it in the first place.

I agree that the animations could be improved upon; however, I'm not going to come in here out of nowhere and tell the guy who made them that they suck. There's a little thing called "politeness" that you really ought to try. Excuse my brusqueness, but people who expect something for nothing really bug me.
  • DogmeatDogmeat Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13571Members
    Well, as it happens, it sucks. People are making alot of SC skins but u cant use the pack because zergling looks damn ugly when it moves. It really ruins the SC pack. Skulks are everywhere in this game and if they do look horrible then the game will not be fun. That is the truth. It is good that people are making these things but I hope that somebody will fix this problem before all the models are complete.
  • coilcoil Amateur pirate. Professional monkey. All pance. Join Date: 2002-04-12 Member: 424Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    Obviously you don't read so well. Try being a little more polite next time. Nobody made this model so YOU could use it.
This discussion has been closed.