Does Cl_himodels Have An Impact?

KitsuneKitsune Join Date: 2002-11-09 Member: 7843Members
Aside from the 'jetpacks on every marine' bug, that is. Is there actually higher resolution model data existing for NS? I'm currently tweaking my controls, graphics, and net settings in HL to try to get the best view and best responsiveness possible. I've rebound some keys, turned trilinear filtering on, upped my data speed a bit to go with the DSL, etc, and since I can't push for more than 60 FPS without my monitor showing some hideous texture tearing, I can afford to crank the eye candy as high as it'll go.

Comments

• CForresterCForrester P0rk(h0p Join Date: 2002-10-05 Member: 1439Members, Constellation
    I never noticed a difference. Except for the jetpacks.
  • r3men4ntr3men4nt Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 8103Members
    Thats prolly cuz:

1 youre monitor is crap
    or
    2 your refresh speed is to low!
  • VecdranVecdran Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2323Members
    Only affects the jetpack on every marine bug.
  • outerfroggy1outerfroggy1 Join Date: 2002-10-01 Member: 1401Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I can't push for more than 60 FPS without my monitor showing some hideous texture tearing<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Are u using XP? why dont you try a refresh rate fixer, go to <a href='http://www.guru3d.com' target='_blank'>http://www.guru3d.com</a> and look for one, i like refreshlock the best.
  • KitsuneKitsune Join Date: 2002-11-09 Member: 7843Members
    I'll give it a shot, but I'm fairly certain the fault is with my monitor. It's an old (5-ish years) 17" Acer that's on its last legs. My Geforce 4 4400 only too gladly shot up to 100 FPS when I turned off v-sync, but the monitor just can't keep up. I expect it to die within the next few months, then I'll go out and get something nice to replace it that can handle the output of the card. I wish it'd stuck around long enough for LCD monitors to be good enough and cheap enough for gaming use, but alas, that still seems to be a few years away.

Anyways, thank you all for your modeling expertise, I'll turn the himodels back off again. No sense having all the light marines in jetpacks if I'm not getting any boost in visual quality.