Vgui 2.0 And Ns...

babygirlbabygirl Join Date: 2003-01-16 Member: 12378Members
I'm still not entirely sure what's going on here... Halflife is being patched somewhat today, right? Steam's coming out, CS 1.6 (not that I'll play it, hug hug NS) is coming out, but... will the new VGUI 2.0 and whatnot that's being added to halflife be compatible with NS? If the new VGUI is all that's being put it, I don't imagine that it'd break NS or anything, but... who knows what else they'll do?

Comments

• ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    the new VGUI has to be implemented with a client patch, if that makes it into 1.1, no clue.
  • Sephiroth2kSephiroth2k Join Date: 2002-04-21 Member: 481Members, Constellation
    edited January 2003
    <!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Steam 2.0 Beta, Counter-Strike 1.6 CANCELED!
    1/16/2003 15:00 PST | Counter-strike | by Fragmaster | Comment!
    This just in from Valve's Doug Lombardi:
    <i>Steam Beta 2.0 Admission Suspended
    The Counter-Strike and Team Fortress communities have maxed out the Steam 2.0 beta servers, resulting in the temporarily suspension of admission to the beta as more content servers are put online. The current Steam content servers offer over 500 megabits of bandwidth, all of which the community is consuming right now.

Anyone interested in hosting a Steam content server should email biz@steampowered.com. (Content server requirements can be found at www.steampowered.com.)

Those who have already joined the beta are encouraged to continue their participation and submit their feedback.
    </i>
    That's right, Steam got maxed out before the beta test even officially started!
    Frankly, I think Valve made a huge mistake here: Steam obviously isn’t ready, so why use it to release a new version of possibly the most popular online PC game in the world? In my opinion, they should have released CS 1.6 as a downloadable patch - just like all the previous updates - and used Steam 2.0 to test changes to TFC.

Due to leaked Steam clients, Steam was already overloaded an hour before the offical release. Steam's main menu won't even load for me right now. Oh, by the way, even if you already have CS 1.5 you'll still have to download 409 MB of content(!!!). And if you’re a modem user, you’re basically completely out of luck, even when the Steam beta is officially released. Sorry. So what do you think? Mail Us!
    <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->