Voice Comm Problem

L3TUC3L3TUC3 Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 5770Members
<div class="IPBDescription">No talkeh for me</div> Hi everyone,

I'm just checking if anyone else has this problem (I seacrched the forum a bit, but didn't find an answer).

I have problems using voice comm in NS. I have the button bound (mouse3), I see the speaker pop up, but theres no sound (I have voice_loopback 1 activated).
I read somewhere that it was a mouse/voice bind bug, but since it worked for a period, I guess that aint the prob (better still I bounded voice to another button "v", that didn't work as well).

Weird thing is, this is only in NS. DoD works fine and CS as well. Can anyone give me info on solving this prob?

NB. Caps Lock cant be bound. Used to have voice there, but mouse3 is more handy.

Comments

• L3TUC3L3TUC3 Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 5770Members
    *Update*

Voice works again. I redid my windows config for it (was uninstalled? wtf?) and it works again. I just get this annoying echo (not voice_loopback 1).
    *update*

Tried an online game, guess what. No go. Same problem as 1st post. Appears to be working the first time you boot NS, but any quits an start again will cause voice to stop working. Bug?
  • joevjoev Giving grief... With a smile. Join Date: 2002-07-20 Member: 977Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--QuoteBegin--L3TUC3+Jan 13 2003, 07:04 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (L3TUC3 @ Jan 13 2003, 07:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->*update*

Tried an online game, guess what. No go. Same problem as 1st post. Appears to be working the first time you boot NS, but any quits an start again will cause voice to stop working. Bug?<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Have you by any chance got your mic on something other than the primary Microphone socket and not un-checked the 'Use Microphone for Voice Communications' option?

joev.
    Hrm, well, its in the only mic SOCKET I have, but I have a built in mic too. I'll try and unselect it.

The voice also stops working after a map change (so I have voice for one round), and the only way to get it working again is running the windows recording test. I hate too console/quit all the time and running the windows config all the time.
    Unselected use microphone. VC works great now.

Thanks joev!