Prefab Selections

EejootEejoot Join Date: 2002-12-19 Member: 11119Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Downloadable prefabs?</div> Are there any prefab sites available for NS mappers yet? I know its early days in the life of NS but wouldn't it make the whole NS genre feel interlaced if more of the technology were "universal" between maps.

Sure I know diversity of design is good too but a little uniformity in the commoner items would make any new maps feel as if they were in the same universe. (I know we don't want another case of Half-life/CS Drink dispensers in every corridor.)

Please don't get me wrong, I am looking to upload as well as download. I am probably better attuned to making a prefab than making a whole map. Also it may make the mappers life easier if all they have to do is drag and drop that generator assemby into place and map around it or put those medi-bays just in "that" space there.

Maybe I am wrong and most mappers and/or players will want totally custom components. Just an idle thoughts put into a post...

Eejoot

Comments

• CrAcKbRoCkCrAcKbRoCk Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9619Members
    About maintaining a uniform look. I totaly agree with you. The big problem with prefabs is people <b><i>over</i></b> use them like its some sort of narcotic. I'd like to see a prefab site go up, but..as long as it only accepts high quality prefabs.