[Below Zero] Probably a WIP thing but weird anyway...

VoluspaVoluspa Old Earth Join Date: 2019-02-04 Member: 250375Members Posts: 30 Advanced user
When I visited the Snowfox Base I noticed an upturned box under the (non-collideable) stairs. It needed a laser cutter to be opened. Well, it took me forever to find the second half of the laser cutter blueprint but I could finally make one, and went back to the base. It "burned" the box for a short bit, using up some battery but not leaving a mark. Then the box was no longer interactive and I could not use the laser cutter on it anymore. Nor could I pick up an item (I waved around frantically above the box, thinking maybe it got turned over the wrong way and had it's opening into the ground :p)
And I was soooo curious about what might be in there!

Did anyone else also experience this? Or did something go wrong just in my game :|

Comments

• JAZZYFORSUBNAUTICAJAZZYFORSUBNAUTICA Join Date: 2018-05-01 Member: 240453Members Posts: 126 Advanced user
    it hasn't happened to me. :#
    Hey lets be honest that Reapers gonna getcha. (Im Jazzed for subnautica, im not going for president)
  • VoluspaVoluspa Old Earth Join Date: 2019-02-04 Member: 250375Members Posts: 30 Advanced user
    Did you find something in the box or could you never use a laser cutter on it?
  • VoluspaVoluspa Old Earth Join Date: 2019-02-04 Member: 250375Members Posts: 30 Advanced user
    Funnily enough it happened again after the update. And I swear I heard the sound of a crate opening. But no loot. Dang. :)
    Another funny thing just happened. I was exploring in creative mode, using a seamoth (as they are available and I find them easier to maneuver than the sea trucks). I found a cave in the ice that I followed to an opening and when I exited the seamoth to see if I could explore up on land, it somehow teleported itself over 3000 meters north.... and this was already in the north, so I'm guessing it went off map. (I didn't bother trying to get to it...)
  • JAZZYFORSUBNAUTICAJAZZYFORSUBNAUTICA Join Date: 2018-05-01 Member: 240453Members Posts: 126 Advanced user
    i looked again and yes it was there.
    Hey lets be honest that Reapers gonna getcha. (Im Jazzed for subnautica, im not going for president)
  • RathonusRathonus Join Date: 2019-06-11 Member: 253310Members Posts: 1 Fully active user
    VOLUSPA the exact same thing happened to me with the box in the cave. I even tried it a second time too with the same results.
    I'm hoping eventually we'll find something interesting in that crate! :)
  • GrusGrus Join Date: 2019-06-11 Member: 253321Members Posts: 2 Freshly registered user
    [subzero]

I keep having my computer crash and fail to restart (have to hold down the stupid computer button) every time I start a new game and start walking up to the alien sight at the start of the game.