Deconstruction Glitch (PS4)

BinaryAbyssBinaryAbyss Join Date: 2019-03-07 Member: 251561Members
This is an issue I've been experiencing for a while now. On occasion, when I deconstruct something (usually for the purpose of moving it to a different spot, like base reinforcements), it does not give me back all of the materials that went into building it. E.g. the wall reinforcements require three titanium ores and one lithium, but it only gives me back two titanium ores when I deconstruct it.

This has been a frequently recurring issue and is making base building/alteration somewhat difficult. I don't know how to upload screenshots/videos from my PS4 to this website, so I can't provide much evidence, but my hope is that enough players have noticed this issue on their end as well, and that maybe they have the means to prove that this glitch is real.

My guess is that this happens because, when I begin deconstructing an item, there's a momentary hiccup (the game freezes for a bit - especially prevalent if I'm inside a large base) before it actually starts deconstructing, and during that hiccup, one of the ingredients that went into making the item just disappears, instead of going into my inventory the way it's supposed to.

If anyone else is experiencing this on the PS4, I would appreciate the confirmation so that the devs will add this to their list of issues to be fixed as they continue to roll out patches.