Different RAM in Below Zero?

emirkiremirkir Join Date: 2018-01-24 Member: 235599Members
My computer only has 6 GB of RAM. Old Subnautica minimums at 4 GB, but why does Below Zero need 8 GB?
Can I handle the game with only 6 GB? Or will this change after early access so the RAM will return to 4 GB?
I REALLY NEED TO PLAY BELOW ZERO!!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    You can probably play it, but your mileage will vary (all the way from won't work at all, to possibly no noticeable difference). Especially if you have integrated (on-CPU) graphics, as that pulls from your RAM to use as VRAM (instead of having its own VRAM, like dedicated graphics cards do).
  • emirkiremirkir Join Date: 2018-01-24 Member: 235599Members
    Yes the computer uses my RAM as VRAM. It’s a laptop. Do you still think it’s playable?
    I’ve ordered a new desktop but it doesn’t arrive until middle of the summer...
  • GlassDeviantGlassDeviant Terra Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228342Members
    That would be pushing it, but it doesn't hurt to try. You can refund any steam purchase as long as you don't go over two hours of play time.

Where do you live that you can order a computer and not have it arrive for several months?
  • emirkiremirkir Join Date: 2018-01-24 Member: 235599Members
    I live in Sweden and I buy my computer in different stages (because I'm broke), that means that I've counted that I'll have a whole (good) computer in the middle of summer. Guess I'll have to try! I completely forgot that I had the opportunity to try out the game and refund it.