Ram check for min 6144mb is unnecessary and obstructive.

MarrixMarrix Join Date: 2018-12-27 Member: 247285Members
I have recently learned that the game checks to be sure you have min 6144mb of ram, and if not it sets your graphics detail (textures) to the lowest possible setting. This is completely unneeded and extremely obstructive. I implore you, please please remove this from the game.

I only have 4 Gigs of ram, and i have absolutely no problem running Subnautica at high detail setting. I discovered this problem with the ram check because i was trying to figure out why my game would not allow me to continue playing at high detail settings, and would actually completely ignore what ever detail setting i put in the option menu. This would occur after l saved, quit, and reloaded my game. At first i didn't catch on because i was intending to play on lower settings. Although i had noticed that the game had no visual difference regardless if i set it to low detail or medium detail setting. I also wondered why the "medium detail" setting i had selected looked so bad. Now after upgrading to a solid state drive, I can run it on high texture detail. So this time i definitely noticed when it again became stuck in ultra low detail setting, even though i had it set to high detail.

This ram check needs to be removed completely. Especially because even before my SSD upgrade, i know i could run it on medium detail settings because i had done it initially. If this check blocks the user from selecting any detail setting at all, regardless if they can run it, then it is purely a problem. Further, as i've said, i have no problem running on high detail settings with only 4 gigs ram, as long as i have an SSD. Please remove this ram check, it is creating issues. Also, many users are comfortable setting their own graphics settings and can tell if they set it too high.

To be clear, Unknown Worlds your game Subnautica instantly became one of my all time favorite games. I think it is an all out work of art and i feel you all have done and are doing a phenomenal job creating it. I wish with all my efforts to help you improve it, and to improve everyone's experience with it. That is why i am making this post.

Please take all this into consideration.

-M