How to rescue trapped Seamoth / PRAWN (or, temp manipulation of terrain that's causing problems)

0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
Open the console, do
item 514
then use that (terraformer) to dig it back out. (I believe you use Shift-click to dig with the Terraformer. Click is place ground, but you won't need to do that.)

To open the console, press F3, then press F8 to get your mouse, and click through on the F3 screen to uncheck "disable console". Then press F3 and then press F8 to close them. (You might have to blip F3 on and then off again to get this to stick, if it doesn't work, try that.)

Now press Enter and use the command above in the little gray box that appears.

Failing that, you can also try
dig 50
(50 is the amount to dig, you can change that amount to suit your needs.)

Comments

• Over9000BPMOver9000BPM Join Date: 2019-01-06 Member: 248189Members
    Even if I had console commands on PS4, my seamoth is trapped inside a wreck and I’m fairly certain the Terraformer wouldn’t work on that. If only I could just despawn the damn thing, I could build a new one and just move on with my life. I even tried ramming my cyclops into the wall on the other side to destroy the Seamoth, but it didn’t seem to work :(
  • QuafferQuaffer Broadview Heights Ohio Join Date: 2018-12-24 Member: 246947Members
    Try turning off clipping. Move your vehicle. Turn clipping back on. I seem to recall it's on the F8 tab but it may be on F3.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    If you want to destroy your Seamoth, you'd need perhaps a Repulsion Cannon. @Quaffer I don't remember if there was a noclip command or not, but I do not believe there was. I think you're confusing it with freecam.
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    If you want to destroy your Seamoth, you'd need perhaps a Repulsion Cannon. @Quaffer I don't remember if there was a noclip command or not, but I do not believe there was. I think you're confusing it with freecam.

I’ve already tried using my repulsor cannon, but there seems to be invisible walls all around the Seamoth. There isn’t even a destroy seamoth console command. :(

I’ve already tried using my repulsor cannon, but there seems to be invisible walls all around the Seamoth. There isn’t even a destroy seamoth console command. :(

Hmmmm... try flinging stuff (titanium, quartz etc) at it with the Propulsion Cannon.
    edited January 2019

Hmmmm... try flinging stuff (titanium, quartz etc) at it with the Propulsion Cannon.
    I just deleted the file and started over in the end. It wasn’t my first play through, I wasn’t THAT far into it and I accidentally provoked the Warpers earlier than I hoped.

(I find those things more terrifying and dangerous than all three aggressive Leviathan species COMBINED. I almost chickened out on completing the story when I discovered they’re basically everywhere in the Lava zones. But I digress. ?)
    edited January 2019
    Check out the Warper section (in the spoiler tags): is.gd/SubnauticaNewbieTips

I already know how to deal with them, it’s just the paranoia fuel. It just feels like I’m constantly waiting for that swirling visual, ready to back-pedal and spout strings of obscenities. Is it just me or do they start spawning in more places as you progress? I keep running into new ones in areas I’ve visited a hundred times. And do they have different patrol routes in different save files?

I already know how to deal with them, it’s just the paranoia fuel. It just feels like I’m constantly waiting for that swirling visual, ready to back-pedal and spout strings of obscenities. Is it just me or do they start spawning in more places as you progress? I keep running into new ones in areas I’ve visited a hundred times. And do they have different patrol routes in different save files?

I don't know about patrol routes, but I do know they get more aggressive as your infection progresses (they "handle" infected creatures by terminating them -- and the target on your back gets more noticeable to them the sicker you become)