Thanks for a great game and how to get in touch?

johndoe31415johndoe31415 Germany Join Date: 2019-01-05 Member: 248105Members
Hey there.

Just wanted to tell you two things. First, how much I loved Subnautica. I have a super stressful job and a lot of trouble zoning out even when I do have vacation. So over the christmas vacation I picked up Subnautica on Steam, purposefully not looking up things but trying to explore everything on my own. It was an incredible experience and I don't remember the last time I have had so much fun playing a game. It made me completely forget everything, it was insane. I even dreamt of Subnautica and the beautiful ocean and my little base. Engineered myself a little GPS system (shameless plug: https://github.com/johndoe31415/subnautica-gps). Everything about the game was just so well thought out, from the character motivation (surviving instead of conflict), to the UI elements (love the font), the level design, the beautiful beautiful scenery, the story, the voice acting, the inside jokes. It is a game that is engineered in a way that makes it not need any tutorial and you can just pick it up and play and discover, discover, hoard (haha guilty pleasure of mine to collect 20 lockers full of Titanium). What a beautiful game, I'm still blown away.

Anyways, here's my actual reason for posting this: I tried to find an email address, but there isn't one (publicly at least) and I would like to donate you guys some money so you can have, I dunno, developer Friday beers or coffee or whatever you guys like. So if you could please PM me, I'd like to send you a gift as a thank you (belated christmas gift so to say), so maybe a Paypal address or something. Not a scam (although that's what a scammer would say hurr durr).

Take care,
Cheers,
Joe

Comments

• johndoe31415johndoe31415 Germany Join Date: 2019-01-05 Member: 248105Members
    Oh man and I cannot believe I forgot to mention the great soundtrack. Really makes the atmosphere pop. Sorry dear composer, honest oversight and I cannot edit my post :-)
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited January 2019
    Check out the mods; there's even a 1st-playthrough safe section if you're not done playing it yet, but there's also stuff that makes playing a second or third time a lot different and more immersive (like one for the lifepod landing anywhere instead of just the shallows, one for O2 tanks having more capacity but only able to be filled at a fabricator, etc etc)

• johndoe31415johndoe31415 Germany Join Date: 2019-01-05 Member: 248105Members
    Hey there, I'll definitely check this out and replay with mods -- completely finished the Vanilla game already and got all my Steam achievements already, so think this would be very cool. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Maybe upload your GPS system to Nexus Mods as well, even if it's covered by the other mapping mods, I'm sure there's different styles etc. More the merrier, right?

Oh, and hey, as seen in the #subnautica-modding channel of the Official Subnautica Discord server, you can join the modding Discord server here, and there's also a server dedicated to just the Nitrox multiplayer mod that you can join here.
  • icedragonicedragon Colorado Join Date: 2019-01-14 Member: 248745Members
    Hey there.

Just wanted to tell you two things. First, how much I loved Subnautica. I have a super stressful job and a lot of trouble zoning out even when I do have vacation. So over the christmas vacation I picked up Subnautica on Steam, purposefully not looking up things but trying to explore everything on my own. It was an incredible experience and I don't remember the last time I have had so much fun playing a game. It made me completely forget everything, it was insane. I even dreamt of Subnautica and the beautiful ocean and my little base. Engineered myself a little GPS system. Everything about the game was just so well thought out, from the character motivation (surviving instead of conflict), to the UI elements (love the font), the level design, the beautiful beautiful scenery, the story, the voice acting, the inside jokes. It is a game that is engineered in a way that makes it not need any tutorial and you can just pick it up and play and discover, discover, hoard (haha guilty pleasure of mine to collect 20 lockers full of Titanium). What a beautiful game, I'm still blown away.

Anyways, here's my actual reason for posting this: I tried to find an email address, but there isn't one (publicly at least) and I would like to donate you guys some money so you can have, I dunno, developer Friday beers or coffee or whatever you guys like. So if you could please PM me, I'd like to send you a gift as a thank you (belated christmas gift so to say), so maybe a Paypal address or something. Not a scam (although that's what a scammer would say hurr durr).

Take care,
    Cheers,
    Joe

Almost the same exact story for me too (except on PS4)--I am loving the hell out of this game. I'd also be happy to help fund a pizza party or something for the devs.