Help us Unkown Worlds, you're our only hope.

TakkaTakka Join Date: 2018-12-21 Member: 246634Members
edited December 2018 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
I am having the same problem as many other users in that the version of this game you gave away for free has stopped working. It wont launch, there is no output log being generated, I don't have an AMD card, my hardware is plenty, and you have offered no insight into what might be happening here.

I'm not going to repeat the troubleshooting that myself and a bunch of other users have posted in the other thread about this issue, but I am confused as to why you have been completely silent, it is obviously not only a problem for one or two users.

So...is that it? Will you respond to the users posting about this and assist us in finding a solution?

Comments

• drbobdrbob Join Date: 2018-12-16 Member: 246031Members
    Try launching it from within the epic launcher. I've only seen the symptom you describe when launching the game via the subnautica.exe file.

I think epic may have blocked launching via the exe to thwart people adding the game to steam as a non steam game. Horribly misguided decision if so.
  • LuftbauchLuftbauch DE Join Date: 2018-12-27 Member: 247282Members
    edited December 2018
    What i read many times, is that players could play first time, without problems.
    Same here and i have another weird "bug"
    I used free game from Epic (thank you UKW) and installed in the epic folder, but i can not find the subnautica folder there.
    game starts, but after some time "subnautica.exe stopped working".
    Game is located here, but boardsearch can not find it, but found it once, where it should be(confusing).
    I would post logs, but they are not to find..
    Tried to upload screenhot of folders, not allowed..

I tried any solution i could find on the internet and when i use the "-VR***" it "stretches the time, till game crashes a bit. Without it game crashes after loading / game starts (in 0-60 sec.).
    Great game, really would like to play :)
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    That's dumb, they should have just made the Subnautica main chainload Epic Games if it's required.
  • stottersstotters Join Date: 2018-12-25 Member: 247063Members
    launch from within epic launcher and if that doesn't work reinstall the game and verify it
  • TakkaTakka Join Date: 2018-12-21 Member: 246634Members
    Thanks, I would never have thought of that.